DISM Error during Win PE Optimization

BigDawgFelton

Hey Guys,

I have build a WinPE image from the WinPE Builder from this site. I have done all of my customizations to the image and am ready for optimization. I keep getting an error in DISM on just this one image. Others are working fine. I have booted to the image, done what the image is intended to do an then tried to apply the profile but it is not working. Can anyone please help?

This is the error that I am seeing that I am assuming is causing the process to fail, but I don't know what it means or why it is happening.

2012-09-04 14:58:04, Error DISM Windows PE Image Manager: PID=2760 Required file not found: \programdata\microsoft\windows\wer - CPEImageManager::ApplyProfile

2012-09-04 14:58:04, Error DISM DISM.EXE: PE Provider processed the command line but failed. HRESULT=80004005

It was actually the Make_PE program that "wimb" had posted. I tested a base image produced from the program using the media version without any of my customizations and this also didn't work. I saw the same error. It must be something with the way that particular image is created.

I think you can only use /Apply-Profiles for the case of pe3_x86 type and not for 7pe_x86 type ISO

The difference between 7pe and pe3

- 7pe is made without using AIK and is made from Recovery boot image winre.wim on Win 7 drive or from boot.wim on DVD

- pe3 is made using AIK for Win7 and is made from winpe.wim boot image present in AIK

- 7pe contains Recovery software in folder sources which is missing in pe3

- pe3 option NO Reduce of size has /Enable-profiling which allows to make Optimization profile (see WinPE.chm help in WAIK)

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=23931

Edited by wimb