Missing or not succesfully loaded functions in DLL's

Comos

Hi everyone,

for some time I used a Total Commander plugin called File Info for checking the DLL's if they are missing or what is wrong.

When I check also the system DLL's I have a warning,that there are some functions missing of not succesfully loaded although that program or OS WIN95OSR2 seems to work fine.

Any idea how to peek why it is not loaded or where's the problem exactly?

post-230510-0-53051100-1346356932_thumb.

Listing for Winamp?

Some programs "detect" what OS and call functions for that OS only. IOW, the SAME Program will run on multiple OS. Just because a "function" is missing doesn't mean that it will be used. You need only check when a Program actually FAILS to determine what's "missing".

"Seems to work fine"... right? Then you have no problem...

Listing for Winamp?

Some programs "detect" what OS and call functions for that OS only. IOW, the SAME Program will run on multiple OS. Just because a "function" is missing doesn't mean that it will be used. You need only check when a Program actually FAILS to determine what's "missing".

"Seems to work fine"... right? Then you have no problem...

Yes it does work.I was only curious why , when example the same program have on Win98SE all functions okay, where is the huge difference.

Come ON!!! Some of you "new guys" are getting THE EXACT ANSWER and insist on ANOTHER one!

Win95 does NOT have all the "functions" that Win98SE has because - IT HAS BEEN ADDED (NEWER OS) and the "Checker" (Total Commander) NOTES THAT THEY ARE DIFFERENT - AND The PROGRAM (WinAmp in this case) HAS CODE TO CJHECK WHETHER OS=WIN95 -OR- OS=WIN98SE. The "Checker" has NO CLUE about the CODE only the FUNCTIONS!

Your question has been answered - TWICE! The "Plugin" IS NOT RELEVANT - it's FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY! There IS NO IDIOSYNCRASY! The DIFFERENCE is in the OS and I SAID THAT!!!! DUH DUH DUH!!!

WIN95 RTM

WIN95 OSR1

WIN95 OSR2

WIN95 OSR2.1

WIN95 OSR2.5

But don't CreateEventA or GlobalUnlock exist also on Win95?
I have no clue and no desire to spend time loading all the different versions to find out as this would be an exercise in futility. Besides, the issue not the "missing functions which are irrelevant to the OS in question based on WinAMP code that obviously check for the OS in question and acts accordingly".

Function Dependencies ONLY MATTER when a given Not-OS Program is installed and "fails". Check out KernelEX project, OK? There is ALWAYS a "limit" to what an OS can do for a Program that is normally NOT supported by the OS, even for the KernelEX Project!

WIN95 RTM

WIN95 OSR1

WIN95 OSR2

WIN95 OSR2.1

WIN95 OSR2.5

But don't CreateEventA or GlobalUnlock exist also on Win95?
I have no clue and no desire to spend time loading all the different versions to find out as this would be an exercise in futility. Besides, the issue not the "missing functions which are irrelevant to the OS in question based on WinAMP code that obviously check for the OS in question and acts accordingly".

Function Dependencies ONLY MATTER when a given Not-OS Program is installed and "fails". Check out KernelEX project, OK? There is ALWAYS a "limit" to what an OS can do for a Program that is normally NOT supported by the OS, even for the KernelEX Project!

Im aware about the KernelEX Project, great work !