svchost.exe virus

I found this site with a lot of data and stats. In 2011 McAfee got the award of the lowest false positive detected and this is very strange.

But it doesn't have the size of virus defs. I looked the system requirement of many of them and for most of them the requirement is in the real the bare minimum.

Symantec endpoint virus defs take about 3GB (with the default number of virus defs: 3) and symantec say it only require 1GB.

Trend officescan virus defs take 700MB (still with 3 virus defs) and Trend say it only require 350MB.

McAfee Viruscan virus defs take 400MB (but with 2 virus defs) and McAfee say it only require 500MB.

Kaspersky virus defs take about 800MB (but with 2 virus defs) and Kasperky say it only require 500MB.

As i work everyday with different AV in production environments, i get to see many scenarii where each AV behave differently.

For example, sometimes symantec antivirus service will take 100% cpu for hours (or until we restart its service) just because it isn't able to update properly its virus defs.

This problem appear to have been corrected with symantec endpoint.

Edited by allen2

I told you in your OTHER thread. SOME folks do NOT install a "firewall" but use "TCP/IP Filtering".

NO I will NOT go into "explaining that"! Do a little research ON YOUR OWN.

The whole POINT of this Forum is to HELP - NOT "Please hand it to me on a silver platter"... ;)

BTW, there are MANY threads on MSFN about "Firewalls" and "Antivirus" Products. TRY SEARCHING FIRST rather than asking for something that's ALREADY THERE (See that "gear" at the top right? CLICK IT!).