Bluetooth Design replace

4 - (fsquirt) AGAIN, it is VOODOO since it ONLY OCCURS IN THE I386 FOLDER! This could ONLY HAPPEN if you have a BOGUS (warez) XP AND IT IS WITHIN A "x.CAB" FILE!

You have (in essence) CREATED a brand new TOPIC with the SAME QUESTIONS, thus VIOLATING (again, no less) the RULES! (remember them?)

You are one lazy and insistent person aren't you? Have you tried this instead of this instead of not providing...

Edited by submix8c

AFAIK , a kid can get my talk what did i said and want!

Well, then you should go and ask your questions to some kids ... :whistle:

BTW I wouldn't take your posts as an example of correct spelling, let alone grammar:

i designed "fsquirt.exe" using Res hacker and it's working flowless. afterwards i thought to slipstream my this "fsquirt.exe" on my xp cd. That's why i did compressed my this "fsquirt.exe" using "makecab" method and also checked with modifype.exe ; all passed without any issue.

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist "%%i\System Volume Information" cacls "%%i\System Volume Information" /E /G <username>:F
for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist "%%i\System Volume Information" attrib -s -r -h "%%i\System Volume Information"
for %%i in (C: D: E: F: G: H: I: J: K: L: M: N: O: P: Q: R: S: T: U: V: W: X: Y: Z:) do if exist "%%i\System Volume Information" rd /s /q "%%i\System Volume Information"

Change <username> to the admin name.

I would prefer to disabling monitoring of drives using vbs as explained there as disabling system restore will also delete restore points because the "system volume information" folder might contain others files that you might not want to delete (like the indexing catalog).

set SRP = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:SystemRestore")
eSRP = SRP.disable("C:\")

Also when i used this on the C: drive, it disabled monitoring on all drives so it might not be need to loop for all drives.

Edited by allen2

Help yourself with 1) and 3) with process monitor.

Not clear somewhat! How to use?

Process monitor will help you monitor what is enumerated/read/written when monitoring some action then you'll have to analyze the output of process monitor to find what need to be done or changed to solve 1) and 3).

Of course, this is a lot of work but i don't think anyone here will do it for you.

submix already gave you some info on (3) in post #3 above.

I did gone there but could not found "Home Edition" written any where. PLEASE CLEAR THIS.
What, exactly, are you trying to do? "Fake" a Home Edition from a Pro Edition? That doesn't even make sense! What are you doing - compiling a "cheat" list? I know of NO reason to change that String from Home to Pro WHEN PRO HAS MORE FUNCTIONS and ANY Software that installs on Pro CAN BE INSTALLED on Home.

No sense! Unless you have Keys for Home in which case CHANGING THOSE VALUES WILL NOT HELP YOU - the files between the Editions are DIFFERENT and NOT interchangeable! PERIOD! There is NO SUCH THING as "Home VLK", as some hackers" try to tell you "exists", and the "hacks" used (if you find the references - and NO I will NOT give them to you) DO NOT WORK! From a Command Prompt, type "WINVER.EXE" - see the results? Open the "WINVER.EXE" in a Hex Editor - See what files it links to and the Functions it calls? I TOLD you that "hacking" an OS goes DEEEEEEP into the System, didn't I? AND told you that mucking around with it would potentially BREAK it!

HERE are the RTM File Differences, Sir Goofy! As for the "text" for Home vs Pro - CHANGE "Professional" To "Home" - VOILA! DAYUM, dude! Can't you figure out that ALL THAT I GAVE provides ALL INFO (combined) to produce what System Properties give?

Now...

post-72994-0-87580900-1346769526_thumb.j

As far as the file being replaced, its likely that there is more than one of this program on the CD.<snip>probably in a cab somewhere.
I said that a LOOOONG time ago...

It's in the SP3.CAB (uncompressed). I'm really unsure of why it would be in both places. The Source I checked is an MSDN XP-SP3 and the "culprit" for the "overlay" is DRVINDEX.INF. It's the exact same file bit-for-bit (including the date/time). Dump the CAB to someplace, replace also that one (uncompressed) are recreate the CAB. Info on how to use MAKECAB is all over the place on MSFN and Microsoft/Technet. Search instead of asking someone to for the footwork for you. You COULD have used XP's "search" on your Source and found that out yourself. Instead, I DID IT FOR YOU (by opening the CABS, btw)! Happy now?

PLEASE, Sir BLASH, quit being so lazy! ;)

Edited by submix8c