OPK for Windows 8

Nope, but the winre.wim is in the system32>Recovery folder (inside install.wim), mount with dism and use that as your baseline. You can add custom packages to it.

Edited by MrJinje

There is no "OPK" for Windows 8, per se. OEMs and System Builders use ADK for everything. Any "OPK" you can get for Windows 8 is documentation only.

I've never once used the SRT package in anything. You can easily build your own recovery image by using the built-in winre.wim.

There is no "OPK" for Windows 8, per se. OEMs and System Builders use ADK for everything. Any "OPK" you can get for Windows 8 is documentation only.

I've never once used the SRT package in anything. You can easily build your own recovery image by using the built-in winre.wim.

Any guides on that? This is something I been wanting to do for a while now.

Any guides on that? This is something I been wanting to do for a while now.

Guides on the winre.wim? Well it just uses winpeshl.ini to launch apps, usually recenv.exe. You can see my post about adding a custom command into the recenv program so that I can install a Windows WIM using the built-in Setup.exe with an answer file here:

This is Wiindows 7 specific however, I haven't gotten far enough into testing to build a custom Windows 8 recovery partition yet.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the purpose of the package winpe-str.cab?

That's a typo, he meant WinPE-SRT.cab, it's for adding recovery disc to winpe 4.0 - which we currently can't do with the ADK because it's been removed.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744533%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

WinPE-SRT

The Windows Recovery Environment feature package. Provides a recovery platform for automatic system diagnosis and repair and the creation of custom recovery solutions.

Edited by MrJinje