Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 driver for Windows98

mrbigmouth502

I'm currently running Windows XP Home SP3 and Crunchbang Linux 10 on my Acer Travelmate 4502Lmi laptop, and they run well, but I also want to try Windows 98 on here, mainly for purposes of experimentation.

What I am wondering is if I can find working win98 wireless drivers for this thing, specifically for an Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 card. I've tried googling it, but I've gotten nothing but junk results so far. If anyone can find a working driver, even if it's for a slightly different model or something, I would be extremely grateful. :D Thanks.

Edited by mrbigmouth502

• 3 weeks later...

Hey peeps :), what about making some order? :unsure::ph34r:

As seen from the outside:

1. The OP mrbigmouth50 asked (vaguely) for drivers for a "generic" Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 card (but he did detail how the intended target is an Acer Travelmate 4502Lmi )
  2. submix8c pointed to a resource on the Lenovo site about a card Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG but with NO driver for Win98
  3. PROBLEMCHYLD (rather apodictically) stated how WIn98 drivers for that (which?) card do not exist
  4. jumper provided a link (still on the Lenovo site) for the Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B card and some ideas to modify the 2K drivers for use with WIN98
  5. PROBLEMCHYLD stated how the given links were not working (possibly meaning that the links do work in the sense that they open a page, but that the drivers in it are not suitable for the card (which?) the OP asked about)
  6. jumper confirmed that drivers for WIn98 drivers exist (for which card?) and that the links are working (possibly in the sense that they do open a page)

I guess that in comparison the guys building the Tower of Babel were kids when it comes to mis-communication..... :whistle:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

Thanks jaclaz, thats what I was trying to say. As I said before, the card is a G device with B compatibility. Those older drivers will not worked. I have tried them all. If you want to continue looking thats fine, but posting links to drivers that don't work is a waste of time.

There are NO Win98 drivers for this specific Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG card. Every piece of hardware I own, I have the latest driver for. Sometimes a person's word is all thats needed especially if they have done all the work for you.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

There are NO Win98 drivers for this specific Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG card. Every piece of hardware I own, I have the latest driver for. Sometimes a person's word is all thats needed especially if they have done all the work for you.

I would rephrase that in a less "absolute" meaning, nonetheless, those drivers may exist but be not publically available, as well the same could happen for other drivers, more recent than the ones you have ...

jaclaz

I would rephrase that in a less "absolute" meaning, nonetheless, those drivers may exist but be not publically available, as well the same could happen for other drivers, more recent than the ones you have ...

jaclaz

I have yet to find a NEWER one as of yet. ATM, I do have the latest driver. Unless someone can point me to a NEWER version, I'll have to roll with the statement. Thank you for your concern :w00t:

I have yet to find a NEWER one as of yet.

Exactly :thumbup

ATM, I do have the latest driver.

... among those you were able to find, of course :whistle: . (that's the whole point :) , I always get goose bumps when I read "absolutely absolute" statements :ph34r: ).

jaclaz

I see the original poster hasn't been back to share results :D

Thats because the results are [THERE ARE NO SUCH DRIVERS] for Win98.

People constantly posting old versions of the driver is not a solution.

All they are doing is sending others on a wild goose chase. Please, stop it.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD