Windows 7 Network Unplugged even if cable is pluged

arun.m

hello everyone

i am using windows 7 32-bit ultimate in my PC.I have being using fine till yesterday.when i ON my pc today i noticed that ,my network icon on windows task bar is showing it is unplugged.When i open network and sharing center it is showing unknown error.but when i open network icon in control panel it is showing fine with no error and cable plugged in icon.What happen to my system.Is there any virus attack happened.

Check your drivers, ive had funny experiences with VMware hosing my connection in the past, i had to disable and re-enable the network cards.

i have re installed the network driver..but no use.i have reset all physical connection also.

When I worked for ISP, one of our steps seemed incredibly silly but none-the-less it sometimes seemed to fix problems like these. Presuming it is possible (I don't know your network topography) you can try it... short of trying another cable.

Basically the step was to swap the ends. For arguments sake, I'll pretend your cable goes from PC to router. Take the end that is in the PC, put it in the router. Take the end that was in the router, put it in the PC.

Might sound strange but I have seen it work, short of replacing the cable entirely.

If it's a Gigabit ethernet adapter, try turning off Jumbo frames (although they're good) if your network doesn't support them from the NIC's Properties in Device Manager. Try changing connection speed and specify gateway so connection is "Identified".