[Solved] Running Dragon Ball Z MUGEN Edition 2 in a VM

mateczko

One extra thing, don't ever bother with Virtual PC...
Um, no... I haven't yet tried it myself.
I will also (just for fun) attempt to install into my VPC-Win98SE.
Why do you presuppose that it didn't work for YOU that someone else may be able to? A "box" is a "box" and still (somewhat) a VM (of sorts). It APPEARS that it MIGHT run on DOS/Win3.x(?) and "potentially" Win9x IN VPC (with the correct drivers and setup)

edit -

(5) is out-of-commission (CPUIDLE) alternatve download site

Quite a number of older drivers at the site...

notation -> to here (similar pgm for Win3x)

Edited by submix8c

Well, I've tried everything with Virtual PC, and it doesn't work for me. Simply put, Virtual PC's emulated S3 Trio card, will not allow this game to run, no matter what drivers I have used. You can try to run it in Virtual PC. I'm sure it won't work.

Well, I've tried everything with Virtual PC, and it doesn't work for me. Simply put, Virtual PC's emulated S3 Trio card, will not allow this game to run, no matter what drivers I have used. You can try to run it in Virtual PC. I'm sure it won't work.
Please, this is not a "blog" with "running commentary". I'm so happy you're satisfied with your test results. Before I even had a go at it you insist it "can't be done"... good for you! I have a wealth of other drivers for that "card" - do you have what I have (probably not ;))?

I'll report back my findings (not yours...) when I have a chance. Games are not on the top of my priority list.

(and with that - please stop it and wait until I "get there" from "here' as I intend to do with "confirmed" :( or "guess what" :w00t:.)

BTW, did you notice the QEMU references in my new links (above)?

Edited by submix8c

To close this topic once at for all, I've just reinstalled Windows 7. The NTVDM does work! Hooray! :thumbup:w00t:

Now I can play old Win16 classics like Slam!

But sadly, MUGEN doesn't work, as it gives this message:

"This system does not support fullscreen mode".

Because there's no way to set the game to run in a windowed mode, there's no way to play this game on Win7.

Thank god for virtualization!