Format utility for DOS/Win9x

Hello everyone!

Do you know any advanced formatting tool for FAT12 / FAT16 / FAT32?

I want to do some testing and I need advanced formatting options like setting the number of reserved sectors following the boot record, setting the number of FAT copies, setting formatted partition size and location independent of partition table (i.e. write a filesystem structure somewhere on the disk while no partitions are defined in the partition table), etc.

I also need a tool to display advanced partition and filesystem information like the number of reserved sectors, 1st and 2nd FAT locations and size (first and last sector number, bytes used), position of the first and last cluster (sector #), position of root directory (sector and cluster), etc.

Thank you.

Edited by Marius '95

Hello everyone!

Do you know any advanced formatting tool for FAT12 / FAT16 / FAT32?

I want to do some testing and I need advanced formatting options like setting the number of reserved sectors following the boot record, setting the number of FAT copies, setting formatted partition size and location independent of partition table (i.e. write a filesystem structure somewhere on the disk while no partitions are defined in the partition table), etc.

I also need a tool to display advanced partition and filesystem information like the number of reserved sectors, 1st and 2nd FAT locations and size (first and last sector number, bytes used), position of the first and last cluster (sector #), position of root directory (sector and cluster), etc.

Thank you.

My RFORMAT program can do the Formatting you requested and provide information on an existing Format.

• 4 weeks later...