nLite Windows components

coryhenrique

I'd like to make Windows XP faster by removing a large part of its components. But every time I install on my computer I can not install Net Framework 4 nor IExplorer 8.

What components that have to stay for the Net Framework and IExplorer can be installed?

Already I'm Thankful!

Last Session.ini

Edited by coryhenrique

Welcome to the forum. Please read the big red message up your screen.

There is also a sticky thread that probably already answers your question.

-Windows Update Manager needed for IE7 and IE8

-Net Logon Service needed for .Net Framework.

As stated up there, why does your ini file look weird ? For instance why does it say "Protection Screens" instead of "Screen Savers" ? How come it says "English (USA)" instead of "English (United States)". Are you using a translation (other than "English (default)" language on the 1st screen?

Where did you get nLite 1.4.9.1 from and what exactly is written on your original CD?

Are you saying that you're setting nLite to English even though the system itself is Portuguese??

It's a bad idea. From my experience nLite won't be able to "see" many settings, ex. many services' names are different, etc. In the past I tried to do this with a Polish version of Windows and nLite couldn't detect the components properly. In one word, you should set nLite to Portuguese when modifying a Portuguese Windows.

Edited by tomasz86

I had translated the Session.ini, because my first language is portuguese.

So you or the tool you used translated "Português (Brasil)" to "English (USA)" :wacko:

Have you tried without removing ".Net Framework" ? I'm not even sure the file you posted before was the same. Do you always begin with a complete set of original files (you can't re-add stuff) ?

Thank you all for helping me! :lol:

I solved the problem of installation. net framework, but not in nlite, but rather in the XP :)

But another problem arose, and the tools MMC.EXE and GPEDIT.MSC are being excluded.

What components I should uncheck to run these tools?

Already I'm Thankful!

Edited by coryhenrique

That one is very easy to find. But I won't tell you because it looks like you haven't even searched (it took me 15 seconds, really). You could also give some info on how you just "solved" the .Net problem without reinstall, it could come handy to other people having the same problem.

But it seems you've done it all the wrong way, removing things without knowing what threy were instead of really removing only components you were 100% sure you would never need. Not reading the descriptions the author took the time to write (on demand of the non experts) for each component. I expect you to come back a few times for other "strange" problems. All in all you'll waste much more time solving those problems than you'll gain from the half % speed improvement.