We can't get Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1.

All help is very appreciated :thumbup

Fortunately all hotfixes by request (HBRs) are already downloaded (5000 files) B) The problem is with some of the removed security updates for other languages, especially less popular like ARA or HEB :(

If you have ANY of the "direct links" try changing the LNG-portion (probably already tried that?)...

edit - keep an eye on prev. link - will add anything useful/or-not above

Edited by submix8c

I got one giant IE6SP1 install from a modem software CD that also supports display support for asian languages aswell as the IMEs, progrably the same stuff as in the link in previous post. I always do my MSIE update from that, otherwise other browsers will show rectangles on japanese, chinese and such.

Many of the removed updates seem to be still available to download from MS Update Catalog! The website is IE-only and the download speed is not very fast but at least it does work!

Also the Catalog seems to be the only option to download Win2k updates (not only the removed ones but all updates) for Japanese NEC98. You can't access them from the public M$ site because even if you select JPN (NEC) the site will still link you to the x86 version of the update.

I have IE6 SP1 original CD from MS, I will offer it to the universe... although it seems that some of the unofficial Service Packs include IE6 and much more.

IE6 is included in USP5.1. The real problem is with non English versions of the browser. Some of them may be lost for ever :(

www.majorgeeks.com still has the rollup.

& 5.1

http://majorgeeks.com/Microsoft_Windows_2000_Service_Pack_4_Update_Rollup_d4658.html

http://majorgeeks.com/Microsoft_Windows_2000_Unofficial_SP_d4817.html

I'm going to give tomasz86's UUrollup one more go.......then I'm going pirate with some

XP and W7 iso s I've d/l'ed.

I wonder how the win98 crowd is surviving.

Edited by Browncoat

I have a (I think t5hat I had gotten my installation files from a Microsoft CD of a special older version of Visual Studio or Visual Studio .NET that had many extras such as the installation files for Internet Explorer 6 with SP1).

I try to always maintain original file dates for my files; if there are files that I may have for which the file dates are uncertain, let me know, and I my check my copies for verification.

Seriously though, I'm going to have to build a new workstation soon because though I have bandwidth now,

this single core P4 can no longer handle some of the stuff on YouTube anymore.

I have seen many workstations with Pentium 4 processors (typically while at business locations). The machines seem to have no trouble with YouTube so long as bandwidth is sufficient (sometimes an ISP may throttle some content, or, especially in the case of Google, the content provided throttles the content to select ISPs (to varying degrees)).

These machines, however, run (my) customized software sets. I have configured and picked-myself the software and configurations of the machines (inefficient software that results in poor system resource use is rejected).

Many machines have been running for over 10 years and running software and content well.

Edited by Ascii2

I'm quoting myself from another topic:

I have finally managed to sort and upload all M$ official updates to an alternative server! (...)

Windows 2000 Archive

There are 8210 / 10.2 GB files related to official updates there. The updates are available to download in all languages including versions for Japanese NEC98 which cannot be normally downloaded from M$ official servers any more.

Please let me know if there's anything missing. I still need to upload the IE6 CABs.