what tweaking programs like RT7lite will work with windows 8?

Windows 8 tools might benefit from a re-tooling. The new features in DISM replace IMAGEX so the developers of 8Lite style apps won't need to include any WAIK files (because DISM 8 is in the RTM iso). Also if MSFT is now supporting the removal of files from the WINSXS folder, it likely means that nLite style images (of Windows 8 and 2012 only) might be available for use (and supported) at the corporate level.

Edited by MrJinje

• 1 month later...

The author says it does, but in my experience some features are not working well (like component removal). So no, there is nothing out there yet truly designed to work with Windows 8. Not to my knowledge, that is.

So no, there is nothing out there yet truly designed to work with Windows 8. Not to my knowledge, that is.

Haven't found anything yet, been doing things the manual way with the new W8 DISM though.

Edited by MrJinje

• 2 weeks later...

The author says it does, but in my experience some features are not working well (like component removal). So no, there is nothing out there yet truly designed to work with Windows 8. Not to my knowledge, that is.

Hello.

You're right, I tried to use the last version of WinToolkit with Windows 8 and the components removal does not work properly. I succeed to actually remove some packages but there are actually still present or the application generates an error. Well it's not operational yet.

I'm also very interested in finding a way to shrink Windows 8 for professional use.

Edited by vbfrudij

• 1 month later...

1. The creator of RT 7 Lite, bensam56, recently said he will create a tool to shrink Windows 8, RT 8 Lite, if you wish. You can find out more at the Rockers Team forums.

2. winterstorm, the creator of RT 7 Booster (renamed to Winreducer), has released Winreducer for Windows 8. So far, that is the completest Windows 8 shrinking software I've seen. You can find out more at the Winreducer forum (just Google "winreducer").

3. Win Toolkit, from Legolash20, claims to work with Windows 8. Judging by the comments in this post, I'm not sure that's true. Anyway, you can find out more in Wincert forums.