Single copy file on user's desktop

Hello,

I'm a beginner with Windows 7 silent installations and I don't know the XML language.

I did like to know how I can copy a single file (ie "toto.exe") to the user's desktop or where I can find a complete tutorial about Windows 7 silent installation.

Someone can be help me plz ?

Thanks.

Atchoum,

First off, Maxxpsoft provides a link to a great resource – the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK). WAIK offers many great tools, one of which is the Windows System Image Manager (Windows SIM). Windows SIM is perhaps the most beneficial tool you will need. Windows SIM is the official tool to create answer files, or XML files, with ease. This video from TechNet will walk you through the process of creating an answer file using WSIM. Beneath the video itself are 4 additional videos for the 4 additional steps involved with the deployment process. In addition to the video, there are additional sample unattend files here.

Another resource you may find helpful is the Walkthrough: Build a Simple Answer File from the Microsoft TechNet site. This library article will help explain some of the basic components necessary to successfully build a basic answer file.

In order to customize the default profile in both Windows Vista and Windows 7 you will need to make your customizations in Audit Mode, and then run Sysprep with an answer file that has the copyprofile setting enabled.

In addition to creating an answer file for use with Windows Deployment Server and Windows 7 deployment images, you might also be interested in learning about the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) as it acts as a common console that combines all deployment tasks into an easy to use interface. MDT even allows you to create “universal images” by allowing you to easily add and remove drivers and applications to and from the deployment images.

Finally, I always recommend the following two videos for anyone who is starting Windows 7 deployment as the first video outlines how simple it is to not only manage your deployments but also greatly minimize the time it takes while the second video walks you through, step-by step, the process of doing so with all the aforementioned tools.

Alphabet Soup Deployment: Understanding MDT, WDS, MAP, ACT, SCCM, and USMT

Deploy Windows 7 The Easy Way: Using WDS, MDT and AIK – Step-By-Step Video

I know this is a lot of information but ideally it will help point you in the right direction.

Jessica

Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro