YouTube Video Conversion

frogman

http://www.eusing.com/free_video_converter/video_converter.htm

This program works under Windows 98 and ME.

I've used it to convert movies.

I use the following and it works, but always wonder if there may be a better program that keeps the quality of the video intact.

http://www.topsevenreviews.com/free-flv-converter.html

Edited by frogman

Hi frogman - if what you want to end up with is an mp4 format video from Youtube then you don't need a converter program as there are extensions for Opera that download Youtube videos as mp4 files.

I use the youtube 1 click downloader which downloads the file as .flv, which I then convert to mp4, where exactly do I look so that I can download those .flv files as mp4 without the need to convert again?

I use Opera 11.64 most of the time, but I also have Firefox 3.6.28

Would this one be of use for 11.64, I only use 11.64 for system reasons.

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/download-youtube-videos-as-mp4/

Edited by frogman

Hi frogman - if what you want to end up with is an mp4 format video from Youtube then you don't need a converter program as there are extensions for Opera that download Youtube videos as mp4 files.

It works fine, thank you very much for the info. :thumbup

Edited by frogman

Yes I also use Opera 11.64. I don't use the same add-on for Youtube downloading as you found, but it looks very similar - there are several of them.

Oh, which one did you go for? mines is version 1.4.5 by Gantt.

On most for mp4 I get the option for mp4 360, do you get a higher option for non HD?

I was using one called YouTube Downloader, by flaviobayer, but out of curiosity I have now tried the one you are using and it seems pretty much the same, with a Download button where you can choose format and resolution for downloading.

There are lots of them - just go to the Get Extensions page in Opera and search for YouTube and loads of them come up. I've tried a few and yours is as good as any.

There's another one I've used called ExtendTube that gives you other facilities as well as a download button.

Edited by Greenpalmer

I was using one called YouTube Downloader, by flaviobayer, but out of curiosity I have now tried the one you are using and it seems pretty much the same, with a Download button where you can choose format and resolution for downloading.

Do you ever see the option for MP4 other than 360p, I only ever see MP4 360p unless it's HD when I have the option for MP4 720p or is 360p the norm for non HD video?

Edited by frogman