Cannot uninstall software

I have a mouse install program Logitech 9.77 that I no longer need and want to uninstall and I get an error message that it cannot be uninstalled because the driver is not found in my windows, system file. However, the driver is present in the drivers file in system 32. I called Logitech but they could not help because they said it was a windows problem. Can someone help me get this uninstalled??

west

Hi.

Did you try Windows installer clean up utility ?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1217509.html

I salvaged it here. (keyword 'clean')

http://w2k.flxsrv.org/wlu/wlu.htm

I have a mouse install program Logitech 9.77 that I no longer need and want to uninstall and I get an error message that it cannot be uninstalled because the driver is not found in my windows, system file. However, the driver is present in the drivers file in system 32. I called Logitech but they could not help because they said it was a windows problem. Can someone help me get this uninstalled??

west

I downloaded Mr. Fixit, it could not find the program (Logitech mouseware 9.77) and asked that I provide a product number. Does anyone know how I can retrieve the product number. I have attached a screenshot of Mr. Fixit's request. Thanks.

West

post-91106-0-45917600-1344615680_thumb.p

You disregarded blackwingcat's suggestion.

First, you used a "Microsoft FixIt" (that's NOT the Cleanup Utility) and we have no clue where you got it.

Second, it clearly states "If not listed on previous page..." Was it listed and you selected it and it wasn't recognized?

Product Code found here

C:\Program Files\Logitech\MouseWare\ <--the folder where Software is stored

"{5809E7CF-4DCF-11D4-9875-00105ACE7734}" = Logitech MouseWare 9.77

I doubt that will help as you haven't followed instruction.

Good luck...

1 - Gee that's funny that the Character String match in count between the screen shot and what I gave. Did you input it EXACTLY that way?

Second, it clearly states "If not listed on previous page..." Was it listed and you selected it and it wasn't recognized?
Please respond or I can't help you anymore as you'll be wasting my/our time.

2 - MSICUU2.EXE - Seems it indicates the Fix-It you used as well (deprecated).

IOW, IS IT LISTED IN "ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS" AND/OR FixIt? IF SO, SELECT IT! Else, WHY do you claim it can't be "uninstalled"? DID YOU MANUALLY DELETE STUFF??? WHERE ARE YOU TRYING TO "UNINSTALL" - ADD/REMOVE or DEVICE-MANAGER???

BTW, the "link" is in Japanese - use Google Translate, enter the Link, and select "Japanese->English". Don't look like a paid site, but I could be wrong (using FireFox).

No, I did not delete the Logitech mouse program specified.

In the Mr. fixit program: I copied and pasted the number. I got the same error message telling me the code was not correct. I also put the number in myself after copying it on a piece of paper. I still got the same error message. On the Mr. Fixit program my Logitech installations do not appear. I have 2 Logitech installations.

As you suggested I downloaded the "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility 7.2. I could not use this because the Logitech installations did not appear as well as many other installations I have installed.

As I said before the Logitech mouse program is installed...the driver in question is present in the windows system drivers file. When I try to install it states that it cannot find the driver, but the driver is present.

Thank you for your help.

West

P.S. Am I in the wrong forum?? Should I be in the Windows 7 forum??

Edited by west117wolf

In the Mr. fixit program: I copied and pasted the number. I got the same error message telling me the code was not correct. I also put the number in myself after copying it on a piece of paper. I still got the same error message. On the Mr. Fixit program my Logitech installations do not appear. I have 2 Logitech installations.

As you suggested I downloaded the "Windows Installer Cleanup Utility 7.2. I could not use this because the Logitech installations did not appear as well as many other installations I have installed.

As I said before the Logitech mouse program is installed...the driver in question is present in the windows system drivers file. When I try to install it states that it cannot find the driver, but the driver is present.

Thank you for your help.

West

P.S. Am I in the wrong forum?? Should I be in the Windows 7 forum??

First, since searching on "logitech mouseware 9.77 yields a date of 2003, how in the heck did you install this on Windows 7? Did you Upgrade to Windows 7 from XP? (This is a detail you left out.)

Second, if "many other installations" also don't appear, then your Registry must be really screwed up.

Third (again), it's MS (MicroSoft) Fixit, and NOT "Mr. Fixit". Both softwares suggested ONLY work if it's found in the Registry, which apparently they are NOT!

Fourth, you keep SAYING it's "installed" BUT can't be "found" to Uninstall, AND "When I try to install...cannot find driver..but present". AND you don't say WHAT "file" is there or not just a generic "driver" as an assertion.

Last, WHERE did you get the "Driver"? Bear in mind that the "driver" is not JUST a "driver" but a complete SOFTWARE package!

Found this indicating only used on up to XP. And every place I try to find it it ALWAYS directs me to Logitech page where it says it does NOT exist. Why are you trying to use such an OLD Package on Windows 7?

Have you tried using this?

Can you at least provide the file name(s) of the Install Packages you used so I can find it and inspect it?

---- DOH!!!!

WOW (head beating against brick wall)! I found this.

iTouch and MouseWare are not supported in Windows Vista. You must uninstall iTouch and MouseWare before migrating to Windows Vista. After they are uninstalled, the basic functionality will be provided by the Vista native drivers. For instructions on uninstalling iTouch, please see Knowledge Base article 543. For instructions on uninstalling MouseWare, please see Knowledge Base article 898.
This implies Windows 7 as well. Your "installations" aren't worth the effort to discuss. Go to the links provided in the given link and manually uninstall said "drivers".

Good luck and please don't ask how to "uninstall" again... Just follow the Logitech instructions.