nlite slipstrem disk causing Bad_Pool_Caller Bsod

KapnJackSparrow

After slip-streaming and installing Xp service pack 2 with the attached settings I encounter two problems

Problem 1: after the installation completes the system returns a blue screen of death citing Bad_Pool_Caller. The system will boot into safe mode and appears to be to be functional with the exception of Problem two.

Problem 2: the system does not recognize the entries under batteries (Microsoft Ac adapter & Microsoft ACPI-compliant control method battery) I have fixed this by copying Batt.dll from another os and placing it in system32 at which point windows will install the drivers.

I have done an installation with the original disk that the slip-streamed nlite disk is based off of and it works just fine. So the issue must be with something I have removed.

Does anyone have any ideas on what that might be?

W500.ini

Edited by KapnJackSparrow

sorry about that. it should be posted now.

umm thanks for the suggestion but I doubt that's the issue, I did not remove "Battery" or anything else from"hardware support" for obvious reasons.

I do not know why it did not install the batteries correctly but as I have mentioned I have already solved that issue copying batt.dll from another copy of windows XP and placing it into system32.

Unfortunately that did not solve the issue with the bad_pool_caller bsod. the only reason I mentioned the issue with the batteries is that I thought both of those might have the same underlying cause.

@Kelsenellenelvian: that is surprising, I did that to improve stability but after doing some research it seems that you are indeed correct.

I am in the process of trouble shooting the problem I will uncheck that option but I doubt it is the cause of my troubles.

I have done an installation with the original disk that the slip-streamed nlite disk is based off of and it works just fine. So the issue must be with something I have removed.

Are you really applying only those settings to the original disk doing this in one go ? It seems impossible that the file is missing with that few services removed.

I once had a bad_pool_caller BSOD and it was due to a bad RAM module but it can have other causes to. Is there any cause to the reinstallation (had the PC crashed therefor needing it)?

yes that is everything.

see that's what I thought and why I am at a loss for why it does not work or why it doesn't correctly detect the batteries and why it boots into safe mode/safe mood with networking/command prompt and not normal mode.

There are several operating systems on the machine, all of which work,

this is an extra installation. I have heard of that issue being caused due to bad ram but that would not explain why the nlite disks fail *consistently* (I have tried many times with slight modifications to what was removed.) and the original disk installs just fine.

the machine is a lenovo W500.

EDIT:

I installed nlite under my windows xp and ran in from windows xp instead of windows xp-x64

it still complains about not being able to install the batteries but it no longer Bsod's with a Bad_Pool_Caller meaning that those two issues are not connected. (I still have no idea why nlite causes windows to fail to install the batteries but that is ok because as I have mentioned before I am able to easily fix that.)

gonna try adding stuff to see what in my previous configuration cause the issue.

Last Session.ini

Edited by KapnJackSparrow