Advanced Systemcare

bookie32

Hi folks!

Does anyone know anything about Advanced Systemcare from these ?

My experience of such programs is they do more harm than good, but I have a customer that swears by it....

Would be nice with a little general feedback from those who have tested it and those who know what damage it does....

bookie32

Hi -X-

Thanks for that....kindof what I thought....lol. I make it a rule to never recommend software that claim to fix the registry etc.

The worst one of the pack is Uniblue. I am always fixing computers for customers that have bought that crap!!

Thanks for your input

bookie32

Hi there is one program I use to clean the registry like if you remove a program it will leave all sorts of junk in there ie norton . JV16 reg cleaner I have used this for over 8 or 9 years you dont have to choose anything and it has never messed up a registry on me.

Hi John305 :hello:

I agree that when you remove a program there are always remnents left, but in general they don't cause any problems....PLEASE NOTE IN GENERAL THEY DON'T CAUSE PROBLEMS..... :rolleyes:

I thank you for your info, but as I said I can't recommend anything that messes with the registry.....

bookie32

Hi yes I agree most people should stay away from the auto fix it tools. In just one case a customer was going from a nvidia card to a ati card once you remove the N drivers reboot and run jv16 reg cleaner it finds a lot of nvidia stuff still in there to make sure it does not interfere with the new ati install I remove them so yes there are cases when it is good. But for the general public no. For a pc guy thats in the business it comes in handy. All I think jv16 does is check for dead entries and you dont have to hunt for things to remove so its a little safer hehe and we all know to back up the registry before we play with it.

Edited by John305

• 3 weeks later...