two cores in windows 98

kdsg

win32 apps or virtual machine (with windows XP or linux) in second core

Windows XP already supports multi-core. You can run your apps in a VM.

windows 98 is excelent for minimalistic and fast OS, i need to use multi-core in windows 98 and other problem is the driver for modern grafics card

windows NT (xp,2000,7) is slow similar as linux,

my OS for every day use is windows xp,i look other OS for excelent performance and instant boot

linux is not compatible with all hardware and wine is slow

I see linux is designed for server use, not for domestic use

I see windows 98 the only alternative to Windows NT

Edited by kdsg

As already said, use XP as the HOST and Win98 as the GUEST in a VM. Win98SE does NOT support Dual Core CPU's, whereas XP does.

I reviewed ALL of your posts and NOT ONCE have you described your hardware, so I find it hard to believe that your "modern grafix card" OR your soundcard (I DID find that in your posts) won't "work" under XP. VMware has support for USB so running 98SE on it should do quite nicely...

Want a little help? Give your FULL Hardware Specs and what "apps" you need to run...

You've given nearly no information thus far.

As already said, use XP as the HOST and Win98 as the GUEST in a VM. Win98SE does NOT support Dual Core CPU's, whereas XP does.

I reviewed ALL of your posts and NOT ONCE have you described your hardware, so I find it hard to believe that your "modern grafix card" OR your soundcard (I DID find that in your posts) won't "work" under XP. VMware has support for USB so running 98SE on it should do quite nicely...

Want a little help? Give your FULL Hardware Specs and what "apps" you need to run...

You've given nearly no information thus far.

my grafics card is nvidea gforce 210

processor is athlon x 2 am3 socket

2 gb ram ddr3

i want to install windows 98 in usb flash drive or buy CompactFlash to sata adapter

Edited by kdsg

I have a Multi-Core SDK that can run tasks on other Cores under Windows 9X, but these tasks do not include other OSes.

I remember seeing that is there a link to that project. sounds like you successfully got 98 to see and initialize more than one core.

vmware not support shared folders for win98

i need to access virtual machine direct to pci cards: for use with soundcards or pci video capture

Have you thought of DIRECT SHARING via LAN instead of "Shared Folders"?

And I REPEAT! You CANNOT access that Video Card with Win98... PCIe is NOT PCI!!!! NO DRIVERS FOR WIN98!

And... I am BETTING that the "Sound Card" is an HD-Audio! GOOD LICK with Drivers for that! NO WAY IN WIN98!!!!

Dude - WON'T HAPPEN! Get another PC (with associated Hardware) that SUITS Win98 to do the Capture/Edits. OR GET DIFFERENT SOFTWARE that runs on XP/Vista/Seven.

Window 98 supports ISA, PCI, or AGP Video or Sound, and NOT PCI-e (of ANY kind, Sound OR Video, or ANY OTHER PCI-e Card) or HD-Audio (of ANY kind - PERIOD).

No magicians to fix that - NO WAY! Live with it!

Or do you actually Have Win98 Installed on THAT PC (Not in a VM) and it actually WORKS???

vmware not support shared folders for win98

i need to access virtual machine direct to pci cards: for use with soundcards or pci video capture

Have you thought of DIRECT SHARING via LAN instead of "Shared Folders"?

And I REPEAT! You CANNOT access that Video Card with Win98... PCIe is NOT PCI!!!! NO DRIVERS FOR WIN98!

And... I am BETTING that the "Sound Card" is an HD-Audio! GOOD LICK with Drivers for that! NO WAY IN WIN98!!!!

Dude - WON'T HAPPEN! Get another PC (with associated Hardware) that SUITS Win98 to do the Capture/Edits. OR GET DIFFERENT SOFTWARE that runs on XP/Vista/Seven.

Window 98 supports ISA, PCI, or AGP Video or Sound, and NOT PCI-e (of ANY kind, Sound OR Video, or ANY OTHER PCI-e Card) or HD-Audio (of ANY kind - PERIOD).

Or do you actually Have Win98 Installed on THAT PC (Not in a VM) and it actually WORKS???

with xen is posible to use pci devices direct to virtual machine and qemu with pci passthrough

my grafics card is pci-e, my sound card is pci

Not true. NVidia 6xxx and 7xxx PCI-E Video Cards are supported. I have Patches to support PCI-E PATA and SATA Cards.

Not true. NVidia 6xxx and 7xxx PCI-E Video Cards are supported.
I stand corrected - but not the one the OP has.

Back to the "problem" ....

Exactly WHAT is your objective and WHICH tools/software do you intend to use and exactly HOW do you intend to accomplish this and WHY are you having problems accomplishing said objective? In addition, what do you MEAN by

i want to install windows 98 in usb flash drive or buy CompactFlash to sata adapter
Do you mean FROM it or ONTO it (select one)?
with xen is posible to use pci devices direct to virtual machine and qemu with pci passthrough
This is XEN, right? Specifically this, right? Is it your intent to install XEN? Not sure how much help you'll get on that software. I certainly can't help.

PLEASE be SPECIFIC and COMPLETE and ORDERLY! I'm not a very good dentist...

...and AGAIN, what is WRONG with using VMware?

VMware Player includes features that enable users to create and configure their own virtual machines for optimal performance and access any devices connected to their PC.
AFAICT, you create a VM HDD in QEMU, then use in in VMware Player. Haven't tried it yet.