x64 install monitor?

GrofLuigi

Does such a thing exist? Preferably like regshot, which I don't think can "see" the registry from native x64 view.

Requirements:

1. Free (not mandatory, but preferred)

2. To work in two stages: 1. snapshot registry and filesystem; wait; 2. snapshot registry and filesystem again

3. To be aware of x64 and Windows7 registry and filesystem redirections (mandatory).

I don't like the newer versions of Total Uninstall at all, I think they are focused on other things and became too complex. I haven't tried Revo Uninstaller or similar programs yet, but from their description I conclude this also isn't their focus (two-stage snapshots).

GL

Edited by GrofLuigi

• 2 months later...

My observations from intensive usage of Regshot x64 over past few months:

1. It's very slow, especially with filesystem (although I have/use it on SSD).

2. The GUI (right click) for adding registry exclusions doesn't work quite right (it adds entries in incorrect form, needs "=1" at the end, but puts something at the beginning). Can be edited, but it's boring.

3. No GUI for adding filesystem exclusions (paths). Can also be worked around by editing, but...

3a. I think files cannot be excluded, only dirs (I might be deeply wrong here).

4. Opens IE at the end, not my default browser (or nothing).

But otherwise, it does its job well and it's clean - writes only to its own .ini file and the report.

Still, I'd like to try another such utility for x64 to compare. Any suggestions?

GL

Edited by GrofLuigi