Do you miss the "classic eurodance" of the 90s?

Agorima

That is club music. Nothing new at all. I hear stuff like this being played in weddings, dance halls ( not the like the ones from the 1980's ). I get what you are saying guys, but also remember the "Disco's" from Japan with the flashing lights. But seriously yahhh that is the nice stuff I love to hear. I miss E-rotica and extreme things like that. When the music was silly insane. I mean seriously how this survived into the 1990's is from all the "yuppie" clubs. Of course clubs just for the sake. I just want to let you know I love you guys and hope your year brings happiness.

Yeah it sucks for any of us that didn't actually enjoyed this stuff on the dance floor. What sucks is how we have all of these neo-metal people, and neo-rapper people. Back then all we were concerned about if that and that was gay. It was stupid. Seriously I miss this music. Again I love you guys if any respect really exist

Edited by ROTS

• 6 years later...

i have no idea what music was like in the 90s because i was born in 2000 all i know about is the new disco style music and the country and rock music that is the new disco of the 2000s i wish i was around in the 90s to get to see all the cool stuff back then i missed the 90s by one year after the end of it :D

Edited by VistaEX

8 hours ago, VistaEX said:

i have no idea what music was like in the 90s because i was born in 2000 all i know about is the new disco style music and the country and rock music that is the new disco of the 2000s i wish i was around in the 90s to get to see all the cool stuff back then but i just missed it by one year :D

Unfortunately we can't go to a popular video sharing website and look up any song we want from any time period we want

The best dance music in this genre (dance , techno) existed only for a short amount of time . Somewhere between 1991-1994, maybe early 1995.

It was fast and catchy , but not too loud to the point of complete distortion . Everything after 1995 sounded too flat and loud (loud not like "good" loud , but like an overload). Why ? Maybe it's because they began to use notebooks instead of real recordiing studios, maybe the governments decided that the music was too cool and people spent too much at the clubs instead of having children and constantly working. But it is a fact . You can listen for yourself and compare . Though , I would advise to use a real Hi-Fi/Hi-end system and cd-s. 

P.S.

It was just dance, yes , exactly that - simple "dance" or "techno" , not this ugly new term "Eurodance" that surfaced in 2000s. I totally understand that the 99% of that kind of music came from Holland (yes , it was Holland , not "The Netherlads), Germany , Austria , Italy , Belgium , Denmark and some other Western European countries , but this term "eurodance" just doesn't sound well . 

For those who don't remember , try to listen to the albums mostly from 1992-1994.

2-unlimited (Holland) , Masterboy (Holland), LaserDance by Erik Van Vliet (Holland), U-96 (Germany), Mo-Do , (Germany) , 

CAPELLA (Great Britain & Italy) (why in caps ? , it's a marvel , but no later than early 1995), 

Technotrax (many compilations came out under this name) , F.M. Present Jean Jane , Einstein Doctor DJ.

If someone's interested , I can surely suggest more .

And the special : Red Zone (Sega) game soundtrack by a super talented Danish composer Jesper Kyd. This game and music is not advisable to watch/listen for some members with the "modern" point of view, dictated by the modern media , esp. who thinks it's "their own opinion" , as it may hurt their feelings , since the game is from the good ol' days when we all knew who the real enemy is. This warning here is obvious , just do not watch and ignore . If someone will start off-topic political conversations , I will just block/ignore . Respect and be polite. All have a nice day/night.

• 2 weeks later...

You missed out VistaEX :)

Yeah Dixel, I miss dancing in the clubs in the late 90's to the music ... oh the days when I was young and fearless. I would stay out in the clubs till 4AM in Greenwich Village ... drive home (I don't drive now) and do it again the next day. NYC was hot then, a bit risky, but nah, I didn't care. Now; come 9PM, I'm in my pajamas and enjoying camomile tea preparing for bed at 10 LMAO ;)

Oddly enough (I'm very odd Lol) I did enjoy some "Trance" music ... haha ... but it was getting too loud after a while and I got out of the club scene totally about 2001 and cleaned up my act; regrettably for me, that meant going into rehab, so I revisiting that music is somewhat of a "trigger". Now, I'm very much a 'homebody'

Sorry if I I got carried away here, just a lot of emotion(s) - some good - some not so good.

3 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

You missed out VistaEX :)

Yeah Dixel, I miss dancing in the clubs in the late 90's to the music ... oh the days when I was young and fearless. I would stay out in the clubs till 4AM in Greenwich Village ... drive home (I don't drive now) and do it again the next day. NYC was hot then, a bit risky, but nah, I didn't care. Now; come 9PM, I'm in my pajamas and enjoying camomile tea preparing for bed at 10 LMAO ;)

Oddly enough (I'm very odd Lol) I did enjoy some "Trance" music ... haha ... but it was getting too loud after a while and I got out of the club scene totally about 2001 and cleaned up my act; regrettably for me, that meant going into rehab, so I revisiting that music is somewhat of a "trigger". Now, I'm very much a 'homebody'

Sorry if I I got carried away here, just a lot of emotion(s) - some good - some not so good.

On the contrary , it was interesting to know what other people feel today/felt back in the day. You can always share with me. Yeah , lots of emotions , I agree , though I'm not emotional myself and even I always remember that times like it was something from some other world (in a good sense). So you're from the late 90's period .... I skipped that part completely due to the worsened music . I started as an ordinary DJ in the early 1994. Later I had a small club of my own, but the music/style just went bad , the club had became flooded with junkies , I fed up with it and quit in 1996 , I think it was November - December . I'm not sure why , but it wasn't the case in 1994 , people became different ? I dunno . Trance ... yeah , right 1997 it's when the trance began to kick in (without me) xD . But, yeah , there are some good trance things , I just prefer the older ones . In 2012 I started clubbing again, mainly because I wanted to find a yonger GF (sorry for a slight off-topic) , well I succeeded , sorta ... 'cause somewhere in 2018/19 I felt the urge to find a younger GF again , but this damn "virus" began and all those restrictions , so I'm kinda in your shoes , I try not to go out without the real need , etc. Back to 2012 , I just tried to ignore what was played , of course it was nothing like the 90s and it will never be. Yeah , I miss that times , and I miss my Roland JW-50 !

On 3/25/2021 at 5:12 PM, VistaEX said:

... i just missed it by one year :D

One year ? I can't imagine how one year old one (or even zero-year old) opens a CD box , places it onto a CD tray and just enjoys techno music , not to mention going to a club in 1999. 

3 hours ago, VistaEX said:

what i was trying to say was i missed the 90s by one year

I see , but you made me laugh (in a good sense) , not laughing at you . I mean it was funny . Thank you !

I came of age in the late 90s!

However, I remember virtually nothing of it, except at the very tail end (I do clearly remember when Windows 98 was the latest and greatest, though :) )

Unfortunately and somewhat tragically, most of my "recent" memories actually begin around the time of 9/11/01.  With big crashes and bangs, no less (I will never forget that sad, sad day).  @VistaEX You're lucky you missed out on that one!

Anyway, as far as music goes, I was raised on oldies and 60s-style folk (that's what my mother played on the radio all the time back then), so I don't know much about anything past the early 80s.  I sampled then-modern country and pop for awhile in 98-99, but decided I didn't like it and went back to oldies (yes, I know....).  I have revisited pop every now and then since, and every time I listen, I can't switch it off soon enough because I'll find that it has gotten at least 1,000% worse since the last check in.

Sometimes I feel like I belong in the past.... :wacko:

c

Edited by cc333