Windows 7 explorer for Windows 8

Tihiy

121 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to use explorer7 with current limitations?

• Yes
    • No

have you used the 64Bit Explorer? Is the MUI at the correct place?

Yeah, you were right! I didn't place the MUI in the /explorer7/en-US, it was rather in the explorer7 directory.

Now with the old explorer I'm wondering how can one connect to Wifi, since the network icon doesn't have that function like in windows 7 and the right menu isn't anymore.

And would the windows 8 explorer work in windows 7 ? Not that I want it, but just a testing question.

Thanks!

Beta 2 released - attached to first post

- New Alt-tab window works;

- Start menu shutdown choices shows Log off, Switch user, Lock.

When upgrading, you must first run patchex7 and select "8", then re-logon in order to be able to replace files. After replacing files, run patchex7 and select "7".

Actually, I always copy folder Explorer7 with the two needed unpatched files to a new place. Then I put the new patch into this folder and run it there. When I know the new explorer runs OK, what I need to do is delete the old folder. I don't have to change it back to explorer 8 before using the new patch.

Thanks for this upgrading.

Hell! I've just read through some old posts and find out I made a big mistake in this one:

I wonder why he can't solve the problem relating to the scroll bar I mentioned in my own topic. It is explorer 7, and this problem doesn't happen on W7 at all.

Actually, I wanted to ask why it couldn't solve my problem! And by "it" I mean explorer 7, I didn't mean you, Tihiy! Don't know why I didn't read my post carefully before posting it at that time.

Hey, Tihiy, you know well that I am a reasonable and polite person, right? I won't say something mindless like that!

Weird thing the fact that ribbon is not explorer dependent. I know the main part of it is in explorerframe.dll , talking the guy who figured out that if we delete this we get rid of ribbon. Now to the point, wondering if we would import the file to Windows 7 explorerframe and add back/forward button images to .msstyle would we get ribbon in windows 7 explorer as well.

Edited by kala

Btw, it is possible to fix the "connect to network" dialog and bring the Win7 version back? I hate when Win8 fill so much space which this dialog.
You're not the only one. Win7 one is hard to port, but if you have Win8 DP around, you can try swapping pnidui.dll, van.dll and netshell.dll (and corresponding mui files) from system32 dir. Edited by Tihiy

Tihiy, unless you're the user mustdie, someone else is distributing your work without mentioning you.

thats what you get when you show your work to MDL kids

its inevitable but they won't have most recent versions

Edited by vinifera

Well, in any case, that's a Russian site, so Tihiy is better equipped than most of us to complain there. But, in any case, with threads about it here, and over in Neowin and MDL, all linking Tihiy to this product in particular, that "mustdie" must be out of his mind if he thinks he can get away with pretending to be the developer! :wacko:

Later edit: I don't think "mustdie" is trying to claim authorship, really.

I just noticed that just above the download link, there is a lone word: "Источник" that, according to Bing Translator means "Source", and if one hovers the mouse pointer above it, it's a link to the MDL thread. So I think he's just trying to spread the word. Of course Tihiy can complain about unauthorized redistribution... but I do not think he will. dubbio.gif

Well, in any case, that's a Russian site, so Tihiy is better equipped than most of us to complain there. But, in any case, with threads about it here, and over in Neowin and MDL, all linking Tihiy to this product in particular, that "mustdie" must be out of his mind if he thinks he can get away with pretending to be the developer! :wacko:

Later edit: I don't think "mustdie" is trying to claim authorship, really.

I just noticed that just above the download link, there is a lone word: "Источник" that, according to Bing Translator means "Source", and if one hovers the mouse pointer above it, it's a link to the MDL thread. So I think he's just trying to spread the word. Of course Tihiy can complain about unauthorized redistribution... but I do not think he will. dubbio.gif

I just figured that he should know.