what do I need for drivers?

LMHmedchem

I need to slipstream some drivers into my nlite, AHCI in particular, but I not sure what exactly I need to add to the nlite directory. I have allot of .exe installers for my motherboard (sound card, Intel matrix storage manager, network drivers, sub drivers), etc, but it doesn't look like I should be putting the IATA88ENU.exe AHCI installer into the nlite folder to have it included.

Can I just copy my C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers folder, or what do I do here??

Suggestions would be appreciated.

LMHmedchem

@ LMHmedchem:

The only driver you need to load (F6) or to integrate into the XP CD is the AHCI/RAID textmode driver (the driver folder must contain a file named TXTSETUP.OEM). Otherwise the XP Setup will not detect your HDD/SSD, which is running in AHCI or RAID mode.

Since your current system obviously is working with the "Intel® Matrix Storage Manager" (old) or "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" (new), I assume, that you have to load/integrate an Intel AHCI driver.

You will find a guide and a download link to the appropriate Intel AHCI textmode driver within the start post of >this< thread.

If you should be a German (the title of your post implicates it), you can find a German guide with the download links >here<.

Regards

Fernando

@ LMHmedchem:

The only driver you need to load (F6) or to integrate into the XP CD is the AHCI/RAID textmode driver (the driver folder must contain a file named TXTSETUP.OEM). Otherwise the XP Setup will not detect your HDD/SSD, which is running in AHCI or RAID mode.

Since your current system obviously is working with the "Intel® Matrix Storage Manager" (old) or "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" (new), I assume, that you have to load/integrate an Intel AHCI driver.

You will find a guide and a download link to the appropriate Intel AHCI textmode driver within the start post of >this< thread.

If you should be a German (the title of your post implicates it), you can find a German guide with the download links >here<.

Regards

Fernando

Thanks for the information. I was planning on slipstreaming all of my drivers, but I guess I can just run the installer apps after install if you think it is more trouble than it is worth to pre-load them. I am running an SSD and need AHCI. In fact, I am moving to a larger SSD and taking the opportunity to reinstall.

LMHmedchem

I guess I can just run the installer apps after install if you think it is more trouble than it is worth to pre-load them

It all depends really on how much times you plan to use that CD.

You only need to integrate SATA drivers if the original install disk can't see the disk behind your SATA controler (the actual disk, HDD/SSD itself makes no difference) and you have no floppy drive to perform "F6" driver injection in install text mode.

Now,... if you plan to reinstall a lot of times, for test or multiboot or whatever (but not for work related mass install, as nLite is for personal use only), you might find it interresting to use the program.

Keep in mind that you might integrate drivers, updates programs (addons) and tweaks, you still have to make the balance on what will be obsolete or not next time you reinstall.

In short, spending 2 hours making a disk that will save you ~3quarters of an hour twice is ...almost ok.