What is BLB-Client?

What is the Windows 7 BLB-Client? I see it in the Install wim tweak tool, and it sounds unnessacary, is it?

and what is this?

Display-ChangeDesktopBackground-Disabled

and all of these?

Common-Drivers-Package

Client-LanguagePack-Package

Client-Drivers

Client-Features

BusinessScanning

Editions-Client-Package

Help-CoreClientUAXX

Links-Package

Media-Format-Package

MobilePC-Client

MSMQ-Client-Package

NFS-ClientSKU

OfflineFiles

PeerDist

PeerToPeer

Personalization

PhotoBasic

PhotoPremium

Printing-Foundation

PrintingLocalFoundation

RasRip

RDC

Can I remove Group Policy?

How about TerminalServices?

Edited by marcusj0015

BLB Client is part of the Bit Locker Windows components.

The change desktop background is uh, a "feature" of Windows Starter. It forces the user to always have the same BG. MS didn't think Starter uses were worth allowing desktop background changes.

I wouldn't delete GP. It's a major part of Windows that allows you to configure many things under the hood. http://www.techrepub...icy-editor/3066

I don't think you need Terminal Services unless you're using a terminal program to log into a network. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Desktop_Services#Terminal_Server

Edited by Moonchilde

BLB schould be Windows Backup

<update description="Windows Block Level Backup provides protection of windows OS and data for diaster recovery scenarios" name="WindowsBlockLevelBackup">

and Bitlocker should be SecureBoot:

"C:\Windows\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-SecureStartup-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.mum"

<package identifier="BitLocker" releaseType="Feature Pack">

<parent integrate="delegate">

<assemblyIdentity buildType="release" language="neutral" name="Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" version="6.1.7601.17514" />

</parent>

<update description="Provides full volume disk encryption for boot volumes." displayName="BitLocker Drive Encryption" name="BitLocker">

BLB schould be Windows Backup

<update description="Windows Block Level Backup provides protection of windows OS and data for diaster recovery scenarios" name="WindowsBlockLevelBackup">

Oops got that mixed up. I should have known better not to post when I'm tired. There are several components to BLB (like BLB Drive) and client is one of them.