Toshiba HDD

I have the same problem like with Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 for my Toshiba HDD MK3265GSXV. Toshiba support is completely useless. May be somebody got problem with Toshiba HDD like undetected hard drive in BIOS or unreadable drive. Looking forward for any help. Troublestr97.

I have the same problem like with Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 for my Toshiba HDD MK3265GSXV.

No you haven't. :no:

No Toshiba hard disk locks itself if a log gets to 320 or multiple thereof.

Possibly you have a similar symptom (i.e. the disk drive in EITHER of BSY or LBA0 state).

Toshiba support is completely useless

Yes :yes: , this is "normal".

If the disk drive is under warranty, they will replace it, if it is outside warranty they will do nothing, in both cases your (lost) data is not their problem.

May be somebody got problem with Toshiba HDD like undetected hard drive in BIOS or unreadable drive.

Maybe yes, maybe no. :unsure:

But you see, the real question should not be if anyone else has had this or a similar problem, but rather if a way to recover your data (or disk) exists and is "public" and it applies to the particular symptoms (and cause of them) you are experiencing.

Looking forward for any help.

Well, at least you will need to provide a description of the symptoms.

Standard litany:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/problem-report-standard-litany.html

Right now we are in the "I'm ill, doctor. Help!" stage, worsened :ph34r: by "My cousin has had something similar last year" :w00t:

jaclaz

Sorry for delayed answer. My history is looking so: one day I restarted my laptop Toshiba Satellite C655-S5068 and I have seen empty black screen with the small horizontal cursor in the upper left corner.

Then I turned "OFF" laptop and then "ON" again and pressed and held button "0"( I tried to recall the recovery program). Instead of I got the Toshiba logo. After I pushed button "F2" few times I have seen a screen for setting up an utility through BIOS Insyde H20.

In main part I can see system time, system data, CPU type, CPU speed and etc. but for HDD/SDD I see --NONE. I understand BIOS is not able to detect HDD.

Then I pushed button F12 and set up booting from HDD/SDD. After time laptop goes to screen with text :

Intel UNDI, PXE-2,0(build 083)

Copyright © 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v.2.0.1.9(12/15/09)

Check cable connecting

PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM

No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key

I tried many times to boot from recovering disk, but every time I got nothing. I heard as CD driver is working but on the screen was the sign about " no bootable device".

Why HDD is not detecting and looks like there is no access to it? How any diagnostic program will work in this case?

Help me if you can. Thanks a lot for your answer!

To jaclaz:

If it possible, please, explain me your words about:: " No toshiba hard drive locks itself if a log gets to 320 or multiple thereof."

Thanks, troubleshtr97.

The Seagate "flow" of bricked disk mainly depended on an issue with a firmware, the hard disk wrote to a log at every switch on.

When the entry in the log "hit" position 320 or any 320+n*256 the hard disk firmware "locked itself".

You can read about it around here:

BUT the symptoms you describe are however NOT apparently connected with a BSY or LBA0 kind of issue.

In any case you cannot do *ANYTHING* while the disk is still inside the laptop.

You need to take the disk out and connect it (through an USB adapter) to a working PC.

It is very possible that by simply removing the disk and re-seating it, the issue disappears, as from what you write it sounds like a "dead" hard disk, which could well be a simple cable/connector problem.

jaclaz