VB Scripting

Sophy

Probably around a year ago I had WeatherBug on my computer and then removed it. I am now wanting to put it back on. I downloaded the installer and when I tried to install I got a window stating that the WeatherBug installer requires VB scripting. I have attached a screenshot of that window.

My computer is working perfectly -- no problems at all. I ran sfc /scannow and it found no integrity errors. I opened an elevated command prompt and typed in regsvr32 vbscript.dll and it stated this had been successful, but I still can't install WeatherBug.

Can anyone help me with this? Is it possible this is some kind of glitch in WeatherBug itself and has nothing to do with my computer? I ask because in Googling I see there are quite a few entries but I didn't find any solutions other than the two things above -- or, at least no others that I could follow and understand.

My computer is working perfectly -- no problems at all. I ran sfc /scannow and it found no integrity errors. I opened an elevated command prompt and typed in regsvr32 vbscript.dll and it stated this had been successful, but I still can't install WeatherBug.

Try also regsvr32 jscript.dll

Also it appears that Weatherbug uses some not-so-great methods.... Try looking here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/heaths/archive/2007/05/31/windows-installer-errors-2738-and-2739-with-script-custom-actions.aspx