Runing WPI from USB drive

Hello,

Until now I used DVD’s for my unattended Win7 and softwares. In my WPI v8.2.1 config.js I used the here bellow Command line example to launch the prog installation

cmds[pn]=['"%cdrom%\\Software\\Office2010\\OFFICE14FR.exe"'];

I finished preparing an unattended Win7 and softwares (16 GB) USB key thanks to Rufus utility

What will replace %cdrom%\\Software\\ in the command line to install the progs, since all progs are located into \Software folder of the same USB key as Win7?

I'll appreciate yr help

It appears that several things are involved.

First the "SETUPCOMPLETE.CMD" (and defined to run in your XML?) needs changed to find and set "WPIPATH", then change the affected JS to point to it, including any BAT/CMD that might have the variable passed to it, and possibly any of the BAT/CMD files to use instead that variable (WPIPATH).

WPIdotNET is temporarily out of commission, but the Manual should be in your Package and both the "XP $OEM$" Compressed file and the "Vista/Win7 SETUPCOMPLETE" Compressed file are still available on the Wayback Archive (Oct 2007) as "samples".

TNX for yr reply but it doesn't help.

In fact I'm not (never) using SETUPCOMPLETE.CMD to launch WPI.

To launch WPI I'm using the CDVD-Switcher (see my topic's Signature ).

CDVD-Switcher is an AutoIt script and here bellow a part of it for the WPI.exe launching.

Local $aDrives = DriveGetDrive('CDROM')
If Not @error Then
For $i = 1 To $aDrives[0]
If DriveStatus($aDrives[$i]) = 'READY' And FileExists($aDrives[$i] & '\Software\WPI\WPI.exe') Then
$FoundFile = StringUpper($aDrives[$i]) & '\Software\WPI\WPI.exe' ;Assign Value to $FoudFile
ExitLoop
EndIf
Next
EndIf
Sleep(10) ;nominal sleep time to ease process consumption but maintain control of the System

;Next line closes AutoRun Window
If WinExists('[REGEXPTITLE:AutoPlay; CLASS:#32770]', '') Then WinClose('[REGEXPTITLE:AutoPlay; CLASS:#32770]', '')

Until $FoundFile ;Exit Loop when correct file on a CDROM drive is found

ToolTip('') ;closes Tooltip

Run($FoundFile) ;Runs the File

Thx, alfreire, but the OP still wants to use an AutoIT - the method/changes nonetheless remains the same. I will assume that the "drive" variable will auto-insert into the WPI and still work? AFAIK, the Scripts will have to use that Variable, nonetheless (instead of the built-in variables). Take a look inside your JavaScript "list" and see what I mean... :unsure:

• 9 months later...

I have summoned the technical support demons because my crystal ball is broken. The told me that when you last used WPI the offering you gave them was no-where near the amount they wanted. So the best thing I can tell you is to place your tower near the CPU god idol and pray harder next time...

In other words:

You provided NOWHERE enough information for us to help you.

What we need:

OS of the system running

WPI log

Config file

File\folder layout....

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

I have summoned the technical support demons because my crystal ball is broken. The told me that when you last used WPI the offering you gave them was no-where near the amount they wanted. So the best thing I can tell you is to place your tower near the CPU god idol and pray harder next time...

In other words:

You provided NOWHERE enough information for us to help you.

What we need:

OS of the system running

WPI log

Config file

File\folder layout....

LOL! My **** crystal ball never worked. :( And my CPU god sucks!! Time to offer up a sacrafice!