What is the smalest Windows 7 Edition ?

Windows 7 Starter Edition is the smallest but depending upon your device it may be Windows Embedded Compact 7.

Polite Warning

Any discussion of pre-made illegal Windows distributions will attract the Ban Hammer

Any discussion of pre-made illegal Windows distributions will attract the Ban Hammer

Just in case :unsure::

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banhammer

A card for the role-players :ph34r: :

ban%20hammer%20card.png

Is there some predefined profiles for Windows 7 shrink tools or i must do it on my own ?

No, no pre-made presets, AFAIK, but which particular "shrink" tool(s) are you referring to?

Like:

Maybe what you are after is this?:

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=23553&hl=

VHD_W7_Compact.exe represents a fairly good kind of pre-set, but it is not "the smallest" one.

jaclaz

@jaclaz - Hey that's an AutoBody Hammer! I have a tool chest with several variations - one end pounds, the other end stabs!

Here is your best answer to the question -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows7/products/compare?T1=tab15

Yes, you have to "roll your own" after you purchase the one with the features you "need". The Internet is cram packed with even more details on the subject. You want... what?

Edited by submix8c

I know that i have own Windows 7, in fact i have Ultimate Edition. That is what i want to get rid of many unwanted things. But it is impossible for unexperienced user to have safety remove all what is not needed and don't end up with "Missing xxx for application xxx".

That is why I asked is there any safe pre-set for vLite/other Windows 7 Shrink Tools

EDIT: Windows Thin PC looks promising :-]

Edited by ALIENQuake

That is why I asked is there any safe pre-set for vLite/other Windows 7 Shrink Tools

And that is (the fact that you asked about it) the reason why you were ansered:

"NO, there aren't, but there is a project that does represent a good "base", OR you need anyway to choose ONE "shrink tools (list given) - vlite is not intended for Windows 7 use - and start again from there."

My personal advice is (if the VHD approach does not suit you) to get this one:

and experiment with it.

Then start searching for presets available, for the specific tool, example:

http://www.rt7lite.com/rt-se7en-lite-forum/4-features-removal-support/441-removal-preset-files.html

From experience, and from the rather foggy view I have in my crystal ball ;), this search will resolve in a wild goose chase as the probabilities that you find a pre-set that EXACTLY suits what you *need* or fancy is veery,very close to 0%, your next post will be something like:

OK guys I have found this nice preset BUT I *need* also .....

or:

OK, guys I have found this nice preset BUT it removes items x and y that I *need*...

and you will likely be adviced to choose a tool and experiment with it (back to square #1).

jaclaz

:blink:

And to think that it's a Sticky in this Sub-forum and you didn't even have to use "Search" facility...

Please be kind as to browse around and/or search first and, when creating a topic or asking a question, be very clear as to what you are starting with and what your goal is. Your Original Post begged a lot of questions.

Information Extraction...

Note that probably not many of us use RT7lite, so be forewarned. The second link given is where your best bet is for any help we can't give. IOW, try here first, if all else fails - go there...

Note that legally, ThinPC is only available to Microsoft's customers that have a volume licensed software agreement and also Software Assurance (ThinPC is more of an SA benefit, not really a product SKU on it's own) and thus can only be installed on a machine already licensed under SA for Windows.

Back to square #1 :).