Static issue with audio Windows 7

iatnuolas

hello everyone,

i've been having some issues with my sound recently, the first problem was with some DPC latency, which i managed to get fixed in andre's thread :D but now i'm having a whole different problem which seems completely unrelated to the DPC latency at all

since about a week ago (or maybe before that, this is just when i first noticed), i noticed this low frequency static noise in my headphones which is pretty much impossible to hear if you are using speakers, due to the background noise of fans/the computer, however, when you first start the computer, there is a loud high pitched noise that plays when the windows login screen comes on

another way i can reproduce this sound is by allowing the processor to idle through the power management - it sounds a lot like my processor does physically in the case (i get a high pitched whistle coming from it when the idle is disabled), but through speakers/headphones which makes me think it's some sort of interference issue, but it wasn't here a week and a half ago

i've updated my realtek sound drivers and tried multiple types of speakers/headphones but no luck at all so far

also, another issue that i have found is that my rear onboard audio jack isn't working anymore, despite it being picked up in the sound settings of windows 7 and the realtek control panel, when i plug something into the jack i get no interference, but i also get no sound output even though the system says i have a device plugged in

i was able to make a sound clip of this issue, the first noise is pre-login screen, and after the login sound, the noise is when i enable the processor idle feature through the power settings - http://www.mediafire.com/?680hk5j62i1u60i

if anyone has any ideas, please let me know because this is driving me crazy :(

I have the same problem with XP and also a realtek chipset. I had this kind of problem often when using integrated chipset for audio and the jack output. Most of the time the spdif optical output works flawlessly in comparison.

Also when i had this kind of problem for the first time, i tried something easy: start the computer and go in the bios and check if the problematic sound was here and in my case it was (so it wasn't a driver problem).

Most of the time the spdif optical output works flawlessly in comparison.

Also when i had this kind of problem for the first time, i tried something easy: start the computer and go in the bios and check if the problematic sound was here and in my case it was (so it wasn't a driver problem).

Another thing to try, isn't computer related. But even when in the BIOS (or Windows) try spinning the plug while in the jack to see if this makes the sound come and go.

unfortunately i don't have anything that uses SPDIF :(

i tried going into the bios and rotating the plug, but i just had zero sound, i also had no sound at the windows 7 black loading screen, but as soon as it got to the login screen the noise came back, also, i tried booting into safe mode to see if it was occurring there as well, but i didn't have any sound there either

edit: i found another way to stop the processor idle by running BOINC on one core at 100%, which keeps my temperatures down about 15C over disabling the CPU idle which is good, but the static background sound is still there :(

Edited by iatnuolas