Combine 2 CD's into 1 DVD

Morning,

I've recently become aware of this neat tool and was hoping to Merge some old Server 2003 Install CD's into one DVD.

nLight does not seem to recognize building an ISO from two installation CD's.

nLite wants to read one cd then append hot-fixes/drivers to that as the total installation which would result in not everything being there.

I could put both CD"s into once folder but then how would I get each autorun and setup to work?

Has anyone tried or done this before? It would be great if there is something simple I'm just missing.

Edited by SheetMetalTech

???

Build an AIO (by whatever method of -booting- the selected version). Usually, this involves a completely independent set of Folders with a "hacked" file to point to the correct "hacked folder name". The FULL ISO contents of each is usually stored also in a SEPARATE folder. nLite will require that you COPY that FULL ISO contents to HDD before nLiting (or just point to that folder).

I really don't want to go into AIO building just now.

AND... you've mixed two different subjects - AIO and nLite...

Can you indicate (tell us) how the AIO is built and the directory structure?

It's a common kind of "misunderstanding" :rolleyes: .

You want to make X.

You think that to make X you need Y.

You then ask:

"How do I use Y to make X?"

or (worse) "How do I use Y?"

Whilst the actual question should be:

"How do I make X?"

Put down the chocolate-covered banana and step away from the European currency systems! :w00t:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com./jonathan.deboynepollard/FGA/put-down-the-chocolate-covered-banana.html

If tthe actual question is "how do I make an AIO?", then a good answer is here ;):

http://flyakite.msfn.org/

jaclaz

I came across nLite with the hopes of taking my 2003 CD's and adding Service Pack 2 to the installation and then to append the PERC 6/i controller driver to the installation as well and making it one ISO in a dvd format.

It's a common kind of "misunderstanding" :rolleyes: .

If tthe actual question is "how do I make an AIO?", then a good answer is here ;):

http://flyakite.msfn.org/

jaclaz

I'll look into this post thanks, this very well may be the answer or context that I can move on from.

Well, in THAT case, you may want to DIRECTLY integrate SP2 into EACH image separately first (you can use nLite for that but JUST the SP2). Use the Unattended guides to DIRECTLY integrate Drivers. THEN go to "flyakite" to create the AIO. Your making this complex and it isn't. This would keep nLite "out of the loop" (so to speak)...

edit - nLite doesn't make AIO's - it's an "integration/tweaker/remover/make-unattended" (not exactly the same as the Unattended guide, but VERY close).

Edited by submix8c

I came across nLite with the hopes of taking my 2003 CD's and adding Service Pack 2 to the installation and then to append the PERC 6/i controller driver to the installation as well and making it one ISO in a dvd format.

I'll look into this post thanks, this very well may be the answer or context that I can move on from.

Yep :yes: , two different steps, using two different tools/approaches:

1. taking my 2003 CD's and adding Service Pack 2 to the installation and then to append the PERC 6/i controller driver to the installation->nlite
  2. making it one ISO in a dvd format.->http://flyakite.msfn.org/

An intermediate step of testing each nlited/integrated SINGLE .iso's/CD's BEFORE attempting to make an AIO out of them is however strongly suggested.

jaclaz