Remote Assistant not giving mouse control.

MarkJohnson

I am having difficulties getting mouse control with remote assistant. All I can do is see the other person's desktop.

Allow this computer to be controlled remotely is enabled.

I tested here on my htpc with same issue. I thought maybe it was win 7 home and installed pro on spare hdd with same results.

Has this feature been removed by MS? or am I doing something wrong?

the computer has no option for taking over with mouse controls in the remote assistant menus.

-=Mark=-

No, I didn't do ALL steps as there were many non-related tasks. But I went through the basics which I was doing all along. It isn't that complicated. But I found nothing on not getting mouse control.

I get connected to the other computer and I get taken to the desktop fine. I just can't get control of the mouse.

I have googled a dozen or two acrticles on this and none had a solution. I even tried port forwarding with no luck.

I have a new gigabit router, Asus RT-N56U, and it has it's own nomenclature so it's a bit challenging to decipher all the settings. A Firmware update helped and I found port forward. but may need something else? I forwarded port 3389, as stated in the article, to my other machine requesting help. I couldn't seem to add one for this machine as it only wanted one entry for that port I'm guessing. I haven't found the port that just opens 3389 to all machines. so both machines will have access to 3389.

Maybe I'll try my other mach. Maybe this machine is whacked?

-=Mark=-

OK, It's working on my other machine. Not sure what the issue is with this machine. I have had issues with network connections in the past. For some unknown reason I had to install Xfast for it to work properly. The only thing I can think of is this ASRock board uses ASMedia chips and it interfaces with the Realtek NIC somehow and messes it up.

Thanks for your help

-=Mark=-