Questions to XP diehards :)

xpclient

Hi so what would you do tell all your graphic people they can only use part of the program. Once again I am not talking personal pc's it maybe fine for you at home to use part of a program but if your in business doing graphics it is not acceptable to turn out work thats halfway there when others in business are useing those features. And this is one program there are other programs and things that just wont work well. I am just useing cs6 as a example.

The info about which features work and which don't is easily available (as your link shows) so if someone needs them then they have to upgrade their system.

I'm only talking about the fact that Photoshop CS6 itself does work in XP while you said that:

the new cs 6 wont work

Hi now your being picky LOL. If only part of it is going to work why buy it would you put out $2,599 and have half the programs work but only parts of them no of course not. Remember photoshop is only one part of cs6. Anyway its only a example things change .I would not want to try and setup my 2x vid cards in crossfire on win 2k it was never ment to do that. Now if you say you can your not useing ati drivers and maybe theres a work around but I dont want to play with stuff to make it work I dont have the time.

Well, it still seems that there's a large group of Photoshop users who want to run it in XP. Otherwise Adobe wouldn't have decided to make it XP compatible. If someone doesn't need the unsupported features, why not use Photoshop in XP then?

It's like .NET Framework 3.0/3.5 in Win2k (except that it doesn't cost money :lol: ). Windows Forms doesn't work but all the other functions function fine so I can run programs like Paint .NET, etc. I personally don't feel any need for Windows Forms so its incompatibility is not a problem. If I had to use it then I'd be forced to switch to a newer Windows.

Hi well the hosts file and firewall can take care of any reporting or there are other ways to do this I wont mention them LOL. Once again I am not talking about peoples home pc's as I dont see a home user spending 2500 $ or so for cs 6 as they would have no need for it. All Corel software runs a similar program and there are other programs that report on you as well.. As for win 7 not being compatible I can put a cd in with old games on it like hexen earthworm jim click the exe and the game opens and runs in win 7 64 bit.. Also some people just like to stay with what they have but there is no real diffrence useing xp or win 7 you access things almost the same control panel and other settings. I also realise that not all are the same, to me a new os is great I get to learn it, some people dont want to learn for some reason, as for win 2k or 98 sure its fine if you dont want to play the new games or run new hardware. As for sticking with old stuff I know old guys that wont use the net there still on bbs and dialup LOL but thats there choice as long as your happy thats the main point, and no one should tell you what os to run, use what suits you and your hardware and programs. Well thats all I have to say I bet your all saying tg hes done LOL.

there are many who would disagree

and I'm one of them

win7 like vista broke alot of compatibility of old games

I have to run WinME in vmware to play some that date from 1997-2000 which ofc run without problem on XP

Edited by vinifera

there are many who would disagree

and I'm one of them

win7 like vista broke alot of compatibility of old games

I have to run WinME in vmware to play some that date from 1997-2000 which ofc run without problem on XP

I actually cant think of a single game I've wanted to run on win7 that I haven't been able to get to work.

That said if its older I tend to play it on 98se anyway so I can use 3dfx glide anyway so I might not actually notice.

I was said I couldn't run GPU features in my XP OS in PS CS6, but I actually could if I enabled some well known registries. Even one of the client support personal "adviced" me to update the OS to seven o_O Anyway CS6 had too many problems (speed wise, and tools behaviour related too) that I decided to stay in my old CS3 version. It is fast and it works.

• 3 weeks later...

Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 is based on XP.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/evaluate/windows-embedded-pos-ready-2009.aspx

Mainstream support until April 2014. Extended support until April 2019.

Ask again in 2015.

Are you stating that XP will supported until 2019?

The version 5 of the kernel NT will die in 2019. If the updates of Windows Embedded POSReady 2009 will be backported into the normal XP, we can have all the updates until that year.

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto, from a double dinosaur (9x and XP diehard). :thumbup

As for the End of Life, no, I don't fear it at all: been there, done that and remain here to tell the story.

When all official support ends, a bunch of committed diehards takes over. It happened before, and will happen again.

I am A Very Committed XP user! You wrote that when official support ends, a bunch of committed diehards take over. Could we start a petition? lm game for any suggestions from anyone to keep XP around with at least security updates, or Any support. What do you all think?

Has Anyone read this, or considered this question?

Edited by steveothehighlander