Help importing reg file, please...

Many thanks ! :)

But I'll have repeatedly suggested to use: REGEDIT /S as a workaround for Windows 7 x64:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/157072-help-importing-reg-file-please/page__view__findpost__p__1001560

http://www.msfn.org/...ost__p__1002143

http://www.msfn.org/...ost__p__1002192

I haven't seen the problem about using regedit.exe 64-bit with {REGEDIT} for HKLM 32-bit keys on Windows 7 x64!

I'm happy the problem is solved!

Regards

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: After Many tests I have bundled... I assumed he had tried...

I apologize for it... :angel

Regards... ;-)

Don't worry...;)

It was interesting to see the problem about regedit.exe 32-bit and regedit.exe 64-bit using {REGEDIT} with WPI in the context of Windows 7 AIO !

Regards

*Edit-1: However it's strange because we can read:

C:\windows\sysWOW64\regedit.exe- Can someone explain to me what this might be?

In a 64-bit version of Windows® 7 (or Windows Vista™), you have

two "regedit.exe" one is 64-bit and the other is 32-bit:

64-bit:

C:\Windows\regedit.exe

32-bit:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regedit.exe

The same thing with the registry changes under 64-bit machine

and Windows® 7 environment.

Registry Keys Affected by WOW64

It seems using for Windows 7 x64 with WPI: REGEDIT /S the regedit.exe 64-bit is used (%Windir%\regedit.exe)

And using {REGEDIT} the regedit.exe 32-bit is executed (%Windir%\SysWOW64\regedit.exe) and keys are redirected.

*Edit-2: However works also fine using {REGEDIT}:

config.js

prog[pn]=['Tweaks'];

uid[pn]=['TWEAKS'];

ordr[pn]=[23];

dflt[pn]=['yes'];

forc[pn]=['no'];

bit64[pn]=['yes'];

cat[pn]=['Applications'];

pfro[pn]=['no'];

cmds[pn]=['{x86} {REGEDIT} "%wpipath%\\Install\\Tweaks\\PowerMenu_x86.reg"','{x64} {REGEDIT} "%wpipath%\\Install\\Tweaks\\PowerMenu_x64.reg"'];

desc[pn]=['Tweaks'];

pn++;

WPI_Log.txt Windows 7 x64

mardi 3 juillet 2012 18:56:26

Programme: Tweaks

ID unique: TWEAKS

Ordre: 000023

Catégorie: Applications

mardi 3 juillet 2012 18:56:26 - cmd1 *** Skipped *** (Architecture incorrecte): {x86} {REGEDIT} "%wpipath%\Install\Tweaks\PowerMenu_x86.reg"

mardi 3 juillet 2012 18:56:27 - cmd2 Succès (Code de retour 0): "C:\Windows\System32\RegEdt32" /S "D:\wpi\Install\Tweaks\PowerMenu_x64.reg"

mardi 3 juillet 2012 18:56:27 - Installation terminée.

WPI_Log.txt Windows 7 x86

mardi 3 juillet 2012 19:20:48

Programme: Tweaks

ID unique: TWEAKS

Ordre: 000023

Catégorie: Applications

mardi 3 juillet 2012 19:20:49 - cmd1 Succès (Code de retour 0): "RegEdit" /S "D:\wpi\Install\Tweaks\PowerMenu_x86.reg"

mardi 3 juillet 2012 19:20:49 - cmd2 *** Skipped *** (Architecture incorrecte): {x64} {REGEDIT} "%wpipath%\Install\Tweaks\PowerMenu_x64.reg"

mardi 3 juillet 2012 19:20:49 - Installation terminée.

Edited by myselfidem

• 1 month later...

About the registry keys to disable UAC.

The best choice is to use the first one you gave inside this thread, because the values are correct.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;-----------------
; - Disable UAC -
;-----------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=dword:00000000
"ConsentPromptBehaviorUser"=dword:00000003
"EnableInstallerDetection"=dword:00000001
"EnableLUA"=dword:00000000
"EnableSecureUIAPaths"=dword:00000001
"EnableUIADesktopToggle"=dword:00000000
"EnableVirtualization"=dword:00000001
"PromptOnSecureDesktop"=dword:00000000
"ValidateAdminCodeSignatures"=dword:00000000
"dontdisplaylastusername"=dword:00000000
"legalnoticecaption"=""
"legalnoticetext"=""
"scforceoption"=dword:00000000
"shutdownwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"undockwithoutlogon"=dword:00000001
"FilterAdministratorToken"=dword:00000000
"HideFastUserSwitching"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center]
"UacDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

Cheers

Edited by myselfidem

Thanks by link... :yes:

I still do not understand this:

ConsentPromptBehaviorUser

0 = Automatically deny elevation requests

1 = Prompt for credentials on the secure desktop

3 (Default) = Prompt for credentials on the secure desktop

It makes no sense, values ​​1 and 3 are equals, and value 2 it's missing... :blink:

Regards... ;-)

It seems there is a little description error inside the layout, but if you read on the same link given about:

ConsentPromptBehaviorUser

We can read:

The User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users policy setting controls the behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users.The options are:

• Automatically deny elevation requests. When an operation requires elevation of privilege, a configurable access denied error message is displayed. An enterprise that is running desktops as standard user may choose this setting to reduce help desk calls.
  • Prompt for credentials on the secure desktop. (Default) When an operation requires elevation of privilege, the user is prompted on the secure desktop to enter a different user name and password. If the user enters valid credentials, the operation continues with the applicable privilege.
  • Prompt for credentials. When an operation requires elevation of privilege, the user is prompted to enter an administrative user name and password. If the user enters valid credentials, the operation continues with the applicable privilege.

Here is the difference!

Cheers

Thanks! :)

I know it's out of this thread...but could you try to use these values for testing OSver and OSeditionID, to see if it works for your Windows 7 version (maybe yours is spanish?):

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/156785-wpi-v859-release-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1009595

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I read your request in a moment when there was no time, and as was marked as read, I forgot... :} I hope you accept my apology...

Regards... ;-)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I ran in to the same problem rather than fool around and try to understand WHY the darn thing will not import through WPI I made a Winrar SFX and called it from my Autounattend.xml

Create WinRAR SFX

Compression: StorePlace SFX script commands in tab commands:----- START SFX SCRIPT ------;The comment below contains SFX script commandsSetup=Regedit.exe /I /s Install.regTempModeSilent=1Overwrite=1----- END SFX SCRIPT ------
----- START Autounattend.xml ------            <FirstLogonCommands>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>1</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\WPI\WPI.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>Program Installation</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>2</Order>                    <CommandLine>fsutil behavior set EncryptPagingFile 1</CommandLine>                    <Description>Encrypt the Pagefile</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>3</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\Finsh_Install\Windows7_Setup.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>System Setup</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>4</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\Finsh_Install\Finsh_Install.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>System Setup Folder To Desktop</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>                <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">                    <Order>5</Order>                    <CommandLine>%Systemdrive%\Finsh_Install\Cleanup.exe</CommandLine>                    <Description>Cleanup</Description>                    <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>                </SynchronousCommand>            </FirstLogonCommands>            <LogonCommands>----- END Autounattend.xml ------
Edited by jimathome