XP Prices on Amazon

BAH

Here's the problem...I want to do the right thing and go buy the software but look at the rediculous prices. Most people in this world have a budget to live on and they simply can't pay those kinds of prices for every upgrade. This XP is a major upgrade, mind you, and think about the alternatives to M$'s OS? Not much there even though some will argue that Linux is great, it is not nearly as easy to use as windows and compatibility is an even bigger issue. I would feel for M$ if their top two guys didn't make over $60 billion per year! I believe in free enterprise and I see no problem if M$ kicks butt but they should respect what they have and come way down on their prices. You can't tell me that they need to charge that much because of research that has gone into developing the software or some bullcrap like that!

Just my take!

Rick

It could be worse...

The Blackcomb video I saw suggested that it will go with the AOL approach... The OS will cost nothing (or next to nothing), but all the functionality will be subscription-based (I recall him metioning $0.75US a month to share calendars, for example....).

It could be worse...

The Blackcomb video I saw suggested that it will go with the AOL approach... The OS will cost nothing (or next to nothing), but all the functionality will be subscription-based (I recall him metioning

[i:adb97fbf88]Originally posted by ZsasZ [/i:adb97fbf88]

[b:adb97fbf88]It could be worse...

The Blackcomb video I saw suggested that it will go with the AOL approach... The OS will cost nothing (or next to nothing), but all the functionality will be subscription-based (I recall him metioning $0.75US a month to share calendars, for example....). [/b:adb97fbf88][/quote:adb97fbf88].75US a month to share calendars, for example....). [/quote:adb97fbf88]

thats just bull. I would never pay-per-feature for ANY software.