SATA drive completely wiped clean

Hey Guys, Been At It For 3 Nights In A Row Now. I Accidently Wiped My Sata Driver. Its Stats Are:

Model : HTS541680J9SA00

5400rmp

Sata

Global... 5v 700mA 80gb.

Its Out Of A Asus f5r Laptop That Was Running On Vista Basic.

Ok So Heres What Happened. Some Update Came Through, Battery Died And Then Wouldnt Get Past A Screen Stating:

Reboot and Select Proper Boot device

or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and Press a key,

So That F$#% Me Off And Ive Change Boot Priority And All That. Thing Still Wont Budge. So I Borrowed A Friends Laptop, Identical But Running Windows xp Home Edition And Swapped The Drives Over, My Computor Boots Up Fine With All Their Details Of Course And Theirs Comes Up With Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Blahdabladahblah. Tried Vista Cd $40 bux Later, Didnt Work, Tried Windows xp $120 Bux. But Zilch. Tried System Restore, Restore Points Been Wiped. At The Moment I Just Want It To Boot And Thats It. All Files Were All Ready Gone So Not Fusses About That.

Desperate For A Hand Guys. Been To Over 200 Websites... (understatement) Downloaded A Few Iso's... a few programmes... IMGBurn, N Lite BurnAware, MagicDisc, Magiciso, 7zip, Winzip, Thousands Of Drivers, utorrent BLAHBLAH BLAH lol So Please Help Me Out. Still Pretty Basic At This Stuff.

Edited by Tripredacus
removed email address

You can't change it yourself but perhaps a Mod will do it for you.

As for your issue, a few steps you could try:

- use Hitachi drive fitness to check if your drive isn't working properly.

- try to install xp or vista after cleaning the drive from its partitions but that shouldn't be needed if i understood your explanation.