New to unattended windows creation

It probably integrated but it just used the wrong tcpip6.sys file.

tcpip6.sys.png

As you can see it's contained in both KB978338 and KB2509553. The newer version of tcpip6.sys is actually in KB978338. So it looks like it used the one in KB2509553.

Did you by chance turn on display reports in hotfix, advanced? If you did, you need to keep the highest version number.

Attach your "Last Session.ini" if using nLite.

.ini

It appears that MAYBE you are making the same mistake that many make when integrating HotFixes.... In the "Add Hotfixes" part, the List is presented when you add them. At the Top of the List, you need to Sort them by Date Ascending.

Yes, I make same mistake, no sorting by date,just added them as they are. Didn't know it mattered with exception of -X- footnote # 9 - "Due to a bug in nLite, KB977816 must be processed before KB2115168. To do this, simply check the sort order of your Hotfix, Add-ons and Update Packs section of nLite. Sorting them by date, with the oldest first, is a good idea" -

So I make sure and was in order already.(oldest date closer to top) I read people arange and people don't but I do other CD w/ WMP11 same way,same order and it integrated perfect..

Question, What about Adobe and other few updates with no date(one piece IE8 etc.),do I add on top,bottom or just leave in place and move others with date in order ?

Also a VERY important question... Is this a Non-English XP Source? If so, you may need the Language Files for the language it's in... (don't remember if you said...)

I have English XP source from inside USA.

It probably integrated but it just used the wrong tcpip6.sys file.

tcpip6.sys.png

As you can see it's contained in both KB978338 and KB2509553. The newer version of tcpip6.sys is actually in KB978338. So it looks like it used the one in KB2509553.

Did you by chance turn on display reports in hotfix, advanced? If you did, you need to keep the highest version number.

No, I don't do this on last integration so you recommend ? Ok,will do so.

Edited to cleanup .ini 'cut/paste' and use attachment function instead.

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

No, I don't recommend. Keep display reports off. nLite should use the higher version .sys files with it off.

Ok, I do arangment of dates KB978338 still showing up on wu .. I do with wmp11 again,no matter this time.. Weird.

.ini

Edited to cleanup .ini 'cut/paste' and use attachment function instead.

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

Did you install the update once you saw it on WU? If you didn't can you check tcpip6.sys and tell me what version it is?

Did you install the update once you saw it on WU? If you didn't can you check tcpip6.sys and tell me what version it is?

Yes,I did install it.

So when I reinstall, I shouldn't install when it shows up on WU ?

But I should navigate to where to check the tcpip6 ?

Edit: I find and will do on next install.

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tcpip6 = File version: 5.1.2600.5625

C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\2e6b16219034e135b4f869efb7a10fee\sp3qfe\tcpip6 = File version: 5.1.2600.5935

C:\WINDOWS\system32\6to4svc.dll = File version: 5.1.2600.5935

For some reason it's using tcpip6 from KB2509553.

Let me run some tests to see if I can figure out what's going on.

Only difference I can think I did on this opposed to other perfect creation was nLite Tweaks.

[Tweaks]

Start Menu-Disable Highlight newly installed programs

Taskbar-Disable Hide inactive icons

Taskbar-Disable Language-Bar

Taskbar-Disable Windows Tour popup

(FYI) :)

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

Tweaks wont make a difference.

My tests showed that no matter the sort order, nLite will always use version 5.1.2600.5935 of tcpip.sys.

I really don't understand why yours is not working the way it should.

Lets do this so you don't have to keep on reinstalling... (BTW, are you testing on a virtual machine or your real system?)

Go ahead and run nLite as you normally do and stop there.

Open a command prompt and type

expand -r <drive letter>:\<path to>\I386\TCPIP6.SY_ "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

Changing drive letter and path to to the real path of your source folder.

tcpip6.sys will be expanded to your desktop. Check the version number and report back.

Lets do this so you don't have to keep on reinstalling... (BTW, are you testing on a virtual machine or your real system?)

Real system. I tried to use vmareplayer (or whatever it called) but wouldn't install but didn't inquire much as to why and say what the heck,I just do real system.

Go ahead and run nLite as you normally do and stop there.

Open a command prompt and type

expand -r <drive letter>:\<path to>\I386\TCPIP6.SY_ "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

Changing drive letter and path to to the real path of your source folder.

tcpip6.sys will be expanded to your desktop. Check the version number and report back.

I understand... So I do this is my command

expand -r C:\xpcd\I386\TCPIP6.SY_ "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop"

It say "can't open input file" C:\xpcd\I386\TCPIP6.SY_ .

I try it in 'run' as well and just flash command promp = nothing left on desktop.

So I search for it in I386 and found file but file version info not there . Not sure what is wrong with my command ? I try without " " as well, still no luck (?)

EDIT: I copied and pasted TCPIP6.SY_ folder to desktop and extracted with universal extractor, and tcpip6.sys file came out with properties of file version 5.1.2600.2180... (If that helps)

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

I don't recognize that version.

Stock SP3 is 5.1.2600.5512

KB2509553 is 5.1.2600.5625

KB978338 is 5.1.2600.5635

Are you not using a SP3 source?

Seems like you didn't run nLite on the source. Run nLite and tell me the version number when it completes.

I Made critical error last time... Only last time,sorry.

This time no mistake but /switch still didn't extract file so universal extracter did..

TCPIP6.SY_ . extracted to file version 5.1.2600.5625

EDIT: on a side note, I386 folder also had tcpip6.sys file right next to TCPIP6.SY_ and tcpip6.sys file was also version 5.1.2600.5625

Edited by O0o0O0O0o