New to unattended windows creation

Im new here,hello. What is best way for unattended Windows install ? I reed tutorial about unattended install at here http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/1/ and I goto download nlite application and reed so very easy and I see about driverpacks here http://driverpacks.net/docs/beginners-guide-windows-xp and it read,

1.RyanVM Integrator

2.nLite

3.DriverPacks BASE

Which is best way so that I do correctly, thank you.

My question received answer from Username submix8c

First, it's a matter of opinion. Use what method/tool you like best.

I do not know what I like best because I am at beginner User level on http://unattended.ms....xp/view/web/1/ and have only downloaded nlite tool. I would like to know beforehand by experience user which integrator works best way. I have created my windows xp source (XPCD) and downloaded nlite tool.

No experience with RyanVM integrator.

Edit by me for fix links.

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

The "Unattended" you have linked to is mostly for Manually doing things and a Tutorial on the various items related to Unattended

This gives nLite screenshots that directly relate to the Unattended link. It additionally gives Downloads to be used with nLite.

RyanVM Integrator is another Integration tool.

Finally, there is (was) a tool here called HFSLIP. Where it can be downloaded I have no clue as the HFSLIP website is gone. It can, however, be found by google from, e.g., SoftPedia (safe downloads). Member Mim0 has a website that utilizes it.

Each method works differently than another and features (what each can or cannot do) are different.

DriverPacks are FULL Driver Packages. It's up to you to get what you need based on your Hardware.

It's really up to YOU which method is to be used for YOUR purposes. Pick one and when you have a problem doing something (do NOT ask for a "tutorial" - it won't happen) then make a Topic in that sub-forum.

1 - HFSLIP subforum.

2 - nLite subforum.

3 - RyanVM is NOT on MSFN - ask questions about it and problems with it on their website. You COULD try for help here, but I'm not sure how much you'll get.

4 - The Unattended link you already know about. This is generally where you ask for help on specifics of Unattended.

5 - Also note that there's an Add-Ons subforum specifically for nLite. (unsure if will work with HFSLIP)

note - you copied your post from the other topic and it hosed this link. This is the link...

RyanVM is NOT on MSFN - ask questions about it and problems with it on their website. You COULD try for help here, but I'm not sure how much you'll get.

O ye of little faith. RyanVM is a member here, but hasn't been active in quite some time. The tool created for his update pack is officially supported on his site and Siginet's site.

SHEESH!!! DUDE, I didn't SAY that! Was I unclear? And I HAD forgotten about Siginet.

Please note that I am a member of other Forums (including Siginet) and don't post there but use them for references. I do my posting here. ;)

I'm sorry. Tone is hard to interpret on the internet, but your emphasis on NOT and COULD seemed to suggest sarcasm and doubt.

My mistake. But the links provided are useful nonetheless.

The "Unattended" you have linked to is mostly for Manually doing things and a Tutorial on the various items related to Unattended

This gives nLite screenshots that directly relate to the Unattended link. It additionally gives Downloads to be used with nLite.

RyanVM Integrator is another Integration tool.

Finally, there is (was) a tool here called HFSLIP. Where it can be downloaded I have no clue as the HFSLIP website is gone. It can, however, be found by google from, e.g., SoftPedia (safe downloads). Member Mim0 has a website that utilizes it.

Each method works differently than another and features (what each can or cannot do) are different.

DriverPacks are FULL Driver Packages. It's up to you to get what you need based on your Hardware.

It's really up to YOU which method is to be used for YOUR purposes. Pick one and when you have a problem doing something (do NOT ask for a "tutorial" - it won't happen) then make a Topic in that sub-forum.

1 - HFSLIP subforum.

2 - nLite subforum.

3 - RyanVM is NOT on MSFN - ask questions about it and problems with it on their website. You COULD try for help here, but I'm not sure how much you'll get.

4 - The Unattended link you already know about. This is generally where you ask for help on specifics of Unattended.

5 - Also note that there's an Add-Ons subforum specifically for nLite. (unsure if will work with HFSLIP)

note - you copied your post from the other topic and it hosed this link. This is the link...

I did to the edit button and fixed the links in previous post.

I investigating and decided to use nlite and it was so easy. I used "Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates for nLite" on website tutorial you gave me link to and it was very good updater,so easy too.

I put in source (XPCD) IE8 and did adjustment in footnote 4 5 6 and put in the service pack 3 beforehand and made image to burn. I used application called image burn and install and updated only 2 updates,very good.

edited by me for fix for correction

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

2 updates? One (KB2718704) was released a few hours ago that has now been updated on my site and the other is the Malicious Software Removal Tool (which I don't include anymore). Can you confirm?

2 updates? One (KB2718704) was released a few hours ago that has now been updated on my site and the other is the Malicious Software Removal Tool (which I don't include anymore). Can you confirm?

Yes, that is confirm. Update KB2718704 and Malicious Tool .

Im making new cd creation and adding June 3rd update and driver section because it so easy and I do to for one driver chipset that is .exe. Nlite older guide say to "- If your drivers are only in the .exe format you can sometimes extract them with Winzip, Powerarchiver, Winrar ... " so I use free download winrar and do extraction but still no .INF extension.

I see that and find data.cab1 and data cab2 so I did extraction and I see INF in DATA.CAB 1 and nothing in data.cab 2.

Question,

Do I add this INF to nlite and that is it ? There are many infs in data cab 1.

Edit to my post. I used universal extractorfor data.cab extraction,winrar powerarchiver would not extraction.

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

Sorry to say this, but Chipset Driver Packages are just that... Packages! They may contain many INF files for different Chipsets for a given Vendor (e.g. Intel, Via, etc.).

I can therefore not guide you because -

1 - You never said what you Computer Make (HP, Dell, etc) and Model are. Without that information there's no way of knowing.

2 - You mention an EXE file but never say what the filename is or where you got it, so we can't inspect the contents and match them to #1 (Make/Model).

Go here and start reading from Post #43 - read the rest of the posts. I don't want to go through that again. Let's keep it THIS TIME down to maybe two or three posts and DONE!

My appologies for my mistake.

My computer is Dell Dimension 4600 here.

I got dell .exe file from that URL.

However do not know which of these to choose

Manuals

Dell™ Dimension™ 4600 Series

1.4600 With Integrated Video (Video Connector on System Board)

2.4600 With Video Card

So I list both documentation here:

1. Here

2. Here

Edited by O0o0O0O0o

Move the catalog files in C:\Dell\Drivers\Y4NJD\xp to the data1\xp folder which you extracted with Universal Extractor and then point nLite to any of the .inf files in that folder. nLite will add them all.