Get WAIK Tools w/o downloading the huge ISO's

JFX

Doesn't need a genius to get such a list of files. Sysinternals Process monitor and some patience should be enough
Filtering Dism.exe and Dismhost.exe process usage of Createfile API.

But I wonder why there is so much trouble with mounting process.
Sure it's slower than on the good old Vista days, but with SSDs today it's quick enough.
I'm using mount/unmount for years in my WinPE builder and also to integrate windows updates into install.wim.

Never had any problem. Are you guys still use Anitvirus software?

17 hours ago, misty said:

@JFX - are older version of GWT available for download. The current version appear hardcoded to download the Windows 10.0.16299 version of DISM and dependencies. Whilst the need is not widespread, there may be some instances where it would be useful to download other Windows 10 versions. I believe that these may be coded into some of the previous GWT releases?

Misty

Many are in the "oldversion" folder on onedrive:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=53F5D45A736673!245

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

I think Misty is just interested in testing stuff...

I guess he likes Wimlib so much for his PE builder, that he also wonders what the most efficient way for adding packages would be, and if it could be done without using mounting/ unmounting. For me personally, mounting is not so bad, as long as I can remember not to open any explorer windows to check what's going on during unmounting :-)

4 hours ago, JFX said:

good old Vista days

Now there's a phrase I never though I'd hear!

4 hours ago, JFX said:

Doesn't need a genius to get such a list of files. Sysinternals Process monitor and some patience should be enough
Filtering Dism.exe and Dismhost.exe process usage of Createfile API.

You are right - time permitting I will try to trace this myself. Thanks for the tips. If I'm honest, I've been lazy due to distractions with other projects and not enough time.

3 hours ago, jaclaz said:

Thanks Wonko - Atari800XL linked to the folder in an edit to his post.

3 hours ago, Atari800XL said:

I think Misty is just interested in testing stuff...

I guess he likes Wimlib so much for his PE builder, that he also wonders what the most efficient way for adding packages would be, and if it could be done without using mounting/ unmounting.

You have summed up the situation perfectly. The problem at the moment is that there's just so much stuff I want to test and not enough hours in the day.

2 hours ago, misty said:

Now there's a phrase I never though I'd hear!

The really sad :( part is that given MS trend someone in a not too far future may need to express the phrase:

good ol' Windows 10 days

Of course the sheer moment something like that will be written the Universe - at least as we know it - will cease to exist :w00t::ph34r:

(don't ask me for the details, it is something connected with the global improbability level going out of bounds or overflowing)

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

• 1 year later...

Yeah, Defender now detects some of my tools a as virus.
So MS blocked my entire outlook account :thumbdown

Well new link to v18.10 on first page.

Edited by JFX

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 6:28 AM, jaclaz said:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=53F5D45A736673!245

jaclaz

they're not there anymore.  any new link to download older versions of JFX's Get waik tools as I specifically need adk for Win10 build 10240 and dism.exe v10.0.10240?

maybe consider google drive or dropbox perhaps?

Edited by erpdude8

• 1 year later...

@JFX

There is a discussion on reboot.pro about legally getting hold of Microsoft boot files without distributing them.

http://reboot.pro/topic/22277-ventoy-open-source-usb-boot-utility-for-both-bios-and-uefi/page-6#entry214869

It would be a nice feature of GWT if it could extract all the boot files (bootmgr, boot.sdi, etfsboot.com, bootx64.efi, bootia32.efi, + any others you can think of), without needing to specify the specific ranges and paths, etc,

Is this practical or would it be better to always reference the ISO and file path?

How do you obtain the URL of more current Win10 (say) ISOs from http://care.dlservice.microsoft.com/  - are they available?