email client, what do you use?

ultra99

I've used Outlook 2010, but it's slow and clunky. Tried Windows Live Mail, but it gives me headaches, lots of errors regarding IMAP.

I have 3 gmail accounts and 1 hotmail, so I want something easy and reliable. I tried Thunderbird, Postbox, but I don't like any.

Any recommendations?

Edited by ultra99

Microsoft Outlook 2010

Supports only the 32-bit edition of Outlook 2010: Windows XP with Service Pack (SP) 3, Windows Server 2003 SP2, MSXML 6.0.

Supports both 32-bit or 64-bit editions of Outlook 2010: Windows Vista with SP1, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Terminal Server, Windows on Windows (WOW) (which allows installing 32-bit versions of Outlook 2010 on 64-bit operating systems, excluding Windows Server 2003 64-bit and Windows XP 64-bit).

Does not support any edition of Outlook 2010: Windows Server 2003 64-bit, Windows XP 64-bit

Should we assume Windows 7 (based on Search on your member name)? Read this. Maybe an older version of Outlook?

Look here. Google is also your friend.

HTH (do try Google and give whatever you find a shot - you didn't even say what "you don't like")

(addendum - haven't installed Win7 yet so can give an "opinion")

edit - Thunderbird speed-up tips.

Edited by submix8c

If I could, I'd use Thunderbird but it doesn't work with the email server at work. And the newest version of Tbird has deprecated the plugins I had used for it. So now work email is either through the web or on the phone. Everything else I just use the separate websites, since I use my accounts for different purposes. I'd rather not have them combined, but I can see why some would like that option.

• 3 weeks later...