Unattended xp 32bits to 64bits

Gilou

Hello,

Due to a change of computer I am now obliged to quit the x86 architecture to adopt a x64 one. But I am not fond of windows 7 and I enjoyed my unattended XP.

I have my unattended cd of winXP 32bits and I have a cd of winXP 64bits (normal).

Question: Can I, anf if so how, modify normal-winXP 64bits to be the exact copy of my unattended 32bits XP (in terms of services, components deleted...)?

Thanks

Gilou

I won't swear to this but the "Last Session.ini" (IF on the x86 CD) can be placed in the Presets folder and reused, although any drivers specified will have to be removed and x64 ones used instead.

How is "a change of computer" forcing you to switch from XP x32 to Win7 or XP x64? If you have a legally purchased retail version of XP x86, I believe that you should be able to install that on your new computer. The amount of memory installed might be the issue, since x86 will not see more than 4GB, but if you're willing to waste the memory, or take out anything over 4GB, won't XP x86 still install? If nothing else 1GB or 2GB sticks of memory are quite cheap these days, so it might be worth it to you to purchase a stick or two. Now if you are being "forced" to use certain software that will no longer run on XP, that could be what you meant. But since you're trying to install XP x64 then that must not be it either. I suppose that there might even be software that will not run on x86 and require x64, but I would think that would be somewhat rare. Bottom line, just because your new computer is an x64 machine, doesn't mean that you can't install XP x86 on it, unless I'm missing something. Essentially, I'm confused.

Cheers and Regards