Cooler Suggestions

ApexjE

Ok i've ordered the following items, doing the rest next week and than putting it all together

Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922 Case

Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K

PSU: FSP Aurum Series 750W Modular Power Supply - ATX 12V v2.3/EPS 12V v2.92 - 80 PLUS GOLD Certified

either getting a 560 or a 570 for video card, but im kind of stuck on what CPU cooler i can get. any good suggestions? :)

Welcome to MSFN! :hello:

I too live in a country where it's hot almost all year, and thus I went with the Coolermaster V8; It's one of the best priced coolers that doesn't make noise at all. The water-cooling kits that are in the 60-150USD range I just don't trust as it seems to leak from time to time. A 20cm top fan is also recommended if it didn't come with the HAF922 already (I use HAF912 for my customers and myself and had to add one).

What do you like to spend?

What about the Arctic i30? It's meant for socket 1156, 1155, 2011 and more, while a30 is the equivalent for Amd.

The design resemble the 7 pro I use with much pleasure on my socket 775: efficient, silent, very cheap.

I consider offering an i30 to a relative who assembles his gamer's machine, so your experience is welcome!

Yeah i've heard of the Noctua, but i've also heard its quite heavy, and have heard storys of it snapping motherboards lol. the v8 seems a bit to big for my tastes lol..

if it makes things easier, this is the selection I've got

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=207_23_845

since its the site i get all my hardware from here in Australia.

i have heard good things about the Corsair Hydro Series, if i was to get one, would it matter which one i go? or would the higher models cool the CPU better than the lower models.

also punto, a fan came with the case at the top, however i will be replacing all fans in tower with bitfenix ones.

Edited by ApexjE

I have been very pleased with the CoolerMaster Hyper 212. Inexpensive, cool and quiet. What more do you need?

Cheers and Regards

Better fans on both sides, other than that it's one of the best for it's price.

Better fans on both sides, other than that it's one of the best for it's price.

Which of course can be added at any time, even while installed. Any particular ones you would recommend? I can always relocate the existing fan elsewhere or to another box.

Cheers and Regards

I can't say much about fans but I know that the fans that come with the Coolermaster coolers are not the best and most get noisy (bearings) after just a few months of use, however, the retail coolers from them do work longer without making noise. Personally I like my fans to be easy to clean as I'm almost living in a dessert with a lot of sand and dust (leaving my PC in camouflage style) so the Coolermaster Excalibur R4-EXBB-20PK-R0 120mm would be my choice. I don't care about the color nor the noise from moving air. Still, I would use the stock fan on one side until it blows ;).