Is there an autopatcher for 2000?

Sure, no problem! I didn't know you were working on another major update. :) You stated in your UURollUp post that you don't include updates from the Bristols site. Will I still need to get those files (and your current RU updates) as well after I've got UURollUp2? Also, are the updates that I have so far (SP4, RU1, UURU1) enough to make the "latest" versions of Java, Flash etc work properly? Like I said before I don't know if they're all working properly for you because you have everything installed or if it's down to some other reason.

Update Rollup 2 =/= UURollup. The two are completely different packages. Update Rollup 2 is a package of official updates only. UURollup contains only UNofficial updates. The two are complementary.

UURollup is enough to install the newest Flash & Java.

I didn't say that no updates from bristols' page were included in UURollup but rather that those UNofficial updates that go either to HFSVCPACK_SW1 or HFSVCPACK_SW2 folder were not included in it :whistle: Shortly speaking, after installing UURollup you may also want to install them separately. The rest of the UNofficial updates belonging to HF folder are included in UURollup. If you click on the "[Details]" button you can find there a full list of integrated files.

Edited by tomasz86

This isn't any reflection on you tomasz and I do very much appreciate the help but trying to understand the various roles each rollup / update has is starting to make my head spin. So, let me see if I've got this right. I've got MS SP4, MS SP4 RollUp, MS Windows Updates and your UURollUp (unofficial updates). Will your RollUp2 of official updates include things I've already got from Windows Update? I'm guessing that I probably don't need this new RollUp you're developing. Like I said before if you'd be kind enough to list the remaining updates you think I need (as of when you're ready) that would be great (unless of course you've already done that and it's just the sw1 / sw2 ones that are left).

Update Rollup 2 does contain the updates you've already installed from Windows Update but it also covers almost all of the HBRs (yellow background on the bristols' site) which are not available on WU.

Will my system get corrupted if the existing files WU installed are overwritten by the new Roll Up 2? Will I still need the UURollUp update "Windows2000-UU-HBR-KB950305-KB977225-x86-ENU"? Lastly, will the news be posted on the thread in your link / signature or somewhere else? I really need to start bookmarking these threads. :)

It doesn't matter if you install Update Rollup 2 over the already installed WU updates & UURollup :) I'll write here when it's ready and then I'll try to prepare a full list of required updates.

I'm just writing to say that everything will probably take a few more days as I need to test the configuration thoroughly before sharing the info with anyone else.

I'm just writing to say that everything will probably take a few more days as I need to test the configuration thoroughly before sharing the info with anyone else.

Thanks for the update Tomasz! I have a question (or three) about your UURollUp. Before I installed the RollUp, I'd get the BIOS screen, then a black screen with a load bar at the bottom (with the "press F8" option underneath), then finally the "full color" Windows 2000 image and load bar, then settings pop ups and the desktop..

After I installed your update I got all of that but no "F8" option in the black loading screen. Now, it's changed yet again and goes straight from the BIOS screen to Windows 2000 image / loading part (with a 1 second "flash" of a black screen in between). Is it meant to be like that or is something wrong? I ran chkdisk and it repaired / replaced a number of files when booting up. I don't remember the name or reason it gave me for doing so, but do you think that has something to do with it? I'm not even sure if what it replaced had anything to do with your updates.

Also, Java says I have an outdated OS and won't install the latest version and Firefox 12 is having a fit now saying it's out of date but can't update due to the OS. This happened before chkdsk repaired / replaced any files though. Is says in your stats that you run 2000 as well, so I thought you'd had additional insight beyond your knowledge of the updates. You said you have the latest versions of everything on your machine and that they work fine, is that because you have the extra updates I'm waiting on? Does 2000 boot up like that for you?

@duffy98

Almost all system updates (except UR1 and a few others which don't support direct slipstreaming) and Script 5.7 with updates are included in UR2. IE/OE, WMP and DX updates are not included.

@zanet

It's normal because "ntldr" and "ntdetect.com" have been replaced with the ones coming from Windows Server 2003. They speed up the booting process a little bit (2-3 seconds?), especially on slower machines. Of course you can still access the F8 menu. Just press it a few times before the boot screen pops up. You shouldn't worry about it :)

Firefox's message is intentional. You won't get it if you install newer versions of it (>= 13beta) but I think you should disable the autoupdate function. It won't work anymore as Firefox's installer won't accept Win2k. You must use KDW (fcwin2k.exe) and set the OS version to XP SP3 to be able to install newer versions of Firefox. It's strange what you're saying about Java because I've just installed it here (Java 7u4) and I didn't get any warning :unsure: Which version of Java are you trying to install? Could you post a screen shot of the message?

I don't use anything more than I've already shared with you ;) so all official updates / hotfixes + UURollup + .NET Framework 3.0 / 3.5 / 4.0 + Windows Imaging Component. It's enough to run the newest Flash, Java and many other applications. Of course sometimes you also have to fix some dependencies using BlackWingCat's KDW or copy some XP files to the program's folder (like uxtheme.dll etc.). This doesn't apply to Flash and Java though. They should install normally...

I still need a few more days to finish the list of updates :/ I'm sorry for making you wait.

Edited by tomasz86

Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to be a pain in the butt here but you said you were going to provide a list of the remaining updates I needed, which is what I was waiting on. Just to recap, I manually installed MS SP4, MS RollUp 1, updates from MS updater and your UURollUp. I could be wrong here but you said I needed a few remaining hot fixes from a site and your new RollUp 2. However, when I checked out your new site and saw SP5 it includes everything and I'm not sure about the rest because I don't know what I already have, in terms of individual updates.