Windows7 Service Pack

west117wolf

I have tried to install Windows 7 Service Pack for x64 based systems (KB976932). The product installs, but after I do the restart I get the message that the installation failed with the detail message "Element not Found (0x80070490). I have tried about six times even after performing the recommended procedure given on the Microsoft Website. The process recommended is:

1. Run the System Update Readiness Tool

2. Run a troubleshooter

3.Turn off Security Programs

Even after doing all of the above the Service Pack will not install...I get the same error message.

The troubleshooter I used was the one found in the Windows 7 control panel.

Would appreciate some help on getting this Service pack installed. Thanks, :huh:

Westley

I am set as administrator for my computer. When I right click on the icon for windows update I do not get the usual menu you get in other icons to run as administrator.

I did run "sfc/scannow" and no problems were detected.

i tried to install again and still got the error after the restart.

Hi,

to see the cause of Windows Vista or Windows 7 update failures, we must look for error messages in the following log files:

Please run the Windows Explorer and go to the folder "C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\" and copy all files to your document folder, also copy the setupapi.dev.log from the folder C:\Windows\Inf, the "C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log" and the file "C:\Windows\winsxs\poqexec.log" to your document folder (otherwise you can't upload it), zip all files into 1 ZIP and upload the zip to your SkyDrive, Dropbox or mediafire.com and post a link here.

André

Was your source for the original installation un-modified at the date of installation?

Installation software came as an automatic download and no it was not modified.

I believe Kel meant the ORIGINAL installation of the OS, and NOT the Service Pack. (just posting to avoid confusion)

Please provide Magic with what's requested.

The original OS had to be removed because I had a registry corruption. The current OS was a reinstallation about 3 weeks ago.

I found all the files and placed them in my documents folder; however, I do not know how to make a zip file and have no idea how to complete the rest of your request...sorry to be so dumb. :unsure:

West

Now that you have made the zip files, upload them to the free online file host of your choice, such as SkyDrive, Dropbox or mediafire.com, and post a link to the files here so that we can download them, examine them, and hopefully give you some advice.

Cheers and Regards

I am betting there is a way to save you ALOT of time and trouble.

If you are willing to reformat 1 more time.

There is a distributer that you can get OFFICIAL win7 w\sp1 disks from.

FREE AND LEGAL!

Note these are the latest "refresh" versions of retail/upgrade ISO's as found on Technet/MSDN and these links are completely LEGAL.

Also, they have the same MD5 from technet, so they include KB2534111

------------------------------------------------------

Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 x64 download

Home Premium x64: English - Spanish - French

Professional x64: English - Spanish - French - German - Italian - Korean - Swedish - Portuguese - Norwegian - Finnish - Dutch - Danish - Chinese

Ultimate x64: English - Spanish - French

Normal serial keys will not work with N versions and visa-versa.

Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 x86 download

Home Premium x86:

English - Spanish - French

Professional x86: English - Spanish - French - German - Italian - Korean - Swedish - Portuguese - Norwegian - Finnish - Dutch - Danish - Chinese

Ultimate x86: English - Spanish - French

Normal serial keys will not work with N versions and visa-versa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More links at the bottom of the page (link)

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

I now have skydrive and I placed the two zip files in the documents file onskydrive. however, I could not find an explanation on how to "upload" to a link. Is it possible for you to walk me through the process??

put the files into your PUBLIC skydrive folder, go to the skydrive website in your browser (skydrive.live.com), login, go to the public folder and copy the address from the address bar and paste it here. With this way I can access he files.