Storage Drivers Blue Screen of Death

glowtraq

I recently acquired a set of new workstations; however my current operating system images do not work with anything other than IDE storage mode on the new pc's. I tried installing the sata (AHCI) storage drivers on the workstation after downloading them from HP, however after running the installer file, changing from IDE to native SATA in the BIOS still produces a Blue screen upon boot-up. Would it be possible to use the native storage drivers of the workstation using nLite?

Please provide a link to the drivers in question.

Thank you for your response: The drivers I would like to incorporate into the Operating System Image is below, it's for a Compaq 8200 Elite Workstation.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=5037933&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=5037931&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1093#113100

I take it these have XP on them? Normally you slipstream them (with something like Nlite), or add them when you install an OS. Not after and if IDE mode is enabled in the BIOS. You cant install an OS on IDE mode, then change it back to SATA/AHCI. Even if you install the SATA drivers after.

Without changing it to AHCI first then installing the SATA drivers during the install. If the OS is XP. Since Vista and Win7 have SATA drivers

You'll get a 0x0000007b stop error

This may or may not work. Save this as a reg file (make sure it doesnt end with txt). Change them to IDE mode in the BIOS, run this then change it back to SATA/AHCI in the BIOS

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci]

"Start"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\pciide]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV]

Edited by PaulAuckNZ

The files you need for nLite are in SP52252\Deployment\f6flpy32 folder. Choose textmode when slipstreaming.

All the workstations have XP, the image has allot of customizations. When you say slipstream, do you mean slipstream the xp install cd with the storage drivers? Is there any way to inject the drivers into the ghost image?

Paul, I will try the registry keys and let you know the results.

Edited by glowtraq