Java 6 Update 32 fails to install...

Thx to provide me Java 6 u51 :)

I released Java 6 Update 51 for Windows 2000.

You can download from Windows Legacy Update.

Thank you so much for providing the update to Java 6. I appreciate it.

Enterprises still running Java 6 will continue to have Premier Support until December of this year, but the bad news is that Extended Support for Java 6 will ultimately end on December 2016...after that date, Java 6 will go into Sustaining Support for a indefinite period of time.

This means that Oracle will no longer provide paid updates nor paid support for Java 6 after December 2016. Also, during this time frame software vendors that rely on Java will start dropping Java 6 support. :(

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

That sounds awesome! :)

Remember that you can just use the official Java installer if you've got BWC kernel or UURollup installed :) and I'd also recommend checking my download Archive and go to Programs/Java ;)

Edited by tomasz86

That sounds awesome! :)

Remember that you can just use the official Java installer if you've got BWC kernel or UURollup installed :) and I'd also recommend checking my download Archive and go to Programs/Java ;)

Okay, I downloaded jre-6u65-windows-i586.exe from the Java archive page on your site and I had little trouble getting it to work. When I attempted to install it on this machine, I get this error message complaining that the Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.

This can occur if you are running Windows in safe

mode, or if the Windows installer is not correctly

installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

Additionally, when I attempted to start the Windows Installer in Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services and then hit Start to start the service, I get this error:

Could not start the Windows Installer service on Local Computer

Error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

Luckily, I was easily able to correct the problem by typing this command in the Start menu by typing in the Run command: msiexec.exe /regserver

With that, Java 6 Update 65 installed successfully without problems. The same thing applies to Silverlight 5.1.20913.0.

Edited by ppgrainbow

• 2 months later...

Oracle anounced Java 6 update 71 build 12

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/overview-156328.html

https://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/java_jre_1_6_011

I think the binary names are jre-6u71-windows-i586.exe and jdk-6u71-windows-i586.exe :)

Edited by blackwingcat

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't get official one now.

# I released u75 for Win2000 on 28th Jul 7:00(GMT).

A new jre wasn't released yet? :unsure:

BWC,

Can you provide a link to your latest available Java 6 update for Windows 2000 as I cannot easily find the links on your blog site. The latest one I could find was JRE 6 update 45...