Unofficial SP 5.2 for Microsoft Windows 2000 (WIP)

tomasz86

12 hours ago, Dibya said:

Do you planning to upload XP and 2k3 updates?

Yes, especially considering the fact that both @Mim0 and -X- have not updated their sites for a long time:
http://hfslip.altervista.org
http://xdot.tk
and also have not added any POSReady updates to the list.

This is a very distant goal though, only after the Windows 2000 related content has been put in order.

12 hours ago, Dibya said:

does win 7 compability script can be made?

It can be easily created (not only 7 but also 8 or 10) but I doubt it will be very useful. I do not think there is much software that is incompatible with XP and runs in Windows 2000 at the same time (with the extended kernel, that is). Maybe Palemoon? I could possibly add an option to set a desired compatibility level in the launcher. I will think about it :).

6 hours ago, Windows2000User said:

Alright. Good sign, and perhaps try getting a link to the archive. Also, try to organize the archive.

What I am doing now is:
1. Cleaning the website a little bit.
2. Fixing the broken URLs.
3. Adding the new Archive and HFSLIP sections.
4. Moving the Archive to Dropbox and reorganizing it.

Later I also want to add all the remaining POSReady updates to the list, and provide more detailed information on how to slipstream everything together (for someone who is not experienced with HFSLIP, etc.). The four points listed above should be ready this week.

Edited by tomasz86

On 5/19/2016 at 1:26 PM, tomasz86 said:

The four points listed above should be ready this week.

Fixing all the broken URLs is taking me more time than expected :/

I will need a few more days to finish everything and only then will make the updated version of my site public.

9 minutes ago, tomasz86 said:

Fixing all the broken URLs is taking me more time than expected :/

I will need a few more days to finish everything and only then will make the updated version of my site public.

Take time friend .

We always like your work.

On 2016. 5. 22. at 1:18 AM, Dibya said:

Take time friend .

We always like your work.

I have spent most of my free time recently on my website and Windows 2000 in general. I have had some health problems though (spent last night in the hospital) and everything is going slowly :(.

I still have not managed to fix everything and need more time to finish it but I think it may be useful to make the current website available so you can check it and tell me if there are any problems.

The temporary address is http://windows2000.tk/new.

I have made a lot of fixes and changes - both when it comes to the content and the design. This is not the final version and there will be more updates in the next few days.

Please let me know what you think about it!

1 minute ago, tomasz86 said:

I have spent most of my free time recently on my website and Windows 2000 in general. I have had some health problems though (spent last night in the hospital) and everything is going slowly :(.

I still have not managed to fix everything and need more time to finish it but I think it may be useful to make the current website available so you can check it and tell me if there are any problems.

The temporary address is http://windows2000.tk/new.

I have made a lot of fixes and changes - both when it comes to the content and the design. This is not the final version and there will be more updates in the next few days.

Please let me know what you think about it!

MY Friend , please take care of your health

it is looking too good

more easier to work

thanks

11 hours ago, Dibya said:

MY Friend , please take care of your health

it is looking too good

more easier to work

thanks

4 hours ago, Windows2000User said:

It's alright, please get better. Also, the new site looks great!

Get better soon, wish you luck!

Thank you very much for all the kind words! I hope I will get better soon with more energy to focus on the important things :)

Please report if you find any issues on the website. I believe that I have fixed all links for the IE, Script, DX, MDAC, WM and Other updates lists and am in the middle of fixing the Windows updates list. Later I want to replace all the Microsoft Catalog links to direct URLs but this requires a lot of time. Adding those direct links to each update will also increase the site weight significantly but I cannot think of any other way to ensure that these files can be downloaded (and also archived by the Internet Archive).

I have also read somewhere about M$ planning to "update" their Update Catalog website. Although the current revision is ancient, requires IE and ActiveX to work, etc. I have a bad feeling that Windows 2000 / XP may not be there any more after they do "the update"... so there is no time to waste.

3 minutes ago, tomasz86 said:

Thank you very much for all the kind words! I hope I will get better soon with more energy to focus on the important things :)

Please report if you find any issues on the website. I believe that I have fixed all links for the IE, Script, DX, MDAC, WM and Other updates lists and am in the middle of fixing the Windows updates list. Later I want to replace all the Microsoft Catalog links to direct URLs but this requires a lot of time. Adding those direct links to each update will also increase the site weight significantly but I cannot think of any other way to ensure that these files can be downloaded (and also archived by the Internet Archive).

I have also read somewhere about M$ planning to "update" their Update Catalog website. Although the current revision is ancient, requires IE and ActiveX to work, etc. I have a bad feeling that Windows 2000 / XP may not be there any more after they do "the update"... so there is no time to waste.

my friend keep up your good works

windows 5.x series forever

I have updated my website again (temporary address: http://windows2000.tk/new).

All links should be working now! In the future I still want to replace the MS Update Catalog URLs with direct links but this will take a lot of time so I am going to do it gradually. Hotfixes too are under risk now - no one knows how long M$ is going to provide them.

I have also cleaned the code, improved semantics and accessibility. If there are no issues, probably tomorrow I will replace the current site with the updated one. Then I am also going to remove the old Download Archive from Google Drive.

Please let me know if there are problems with site or downloading the updates!

After fixing some minor issues I have updated my website under the normal address: http://windows2000.tk.

There are still issues to fix when it comes to design, such as mobile view (although even now it should be much more usable than before) which I am going to address one by one later.

Updating the site is not the end though but a new beginning. Now I can focus on Windows 2000 and the updates themselves.

Congratulations! The site is working beautifully again! :thumbup

BTW: Are you in good health again? Hope so! :yes:
Also, since I'm talking about health, do you have any news about WildBill?
He's been silent for so long and wasn't very well the last time I heard about him... hope he too got better. :yes:

Spoiler
21 hours ago, dencorso said:

Congratulations! The site is working beautifully again! :thumbup

BTW: Are you in good health again? Hope so! :yes:
Also, since I'm talking about health, do you have any news about WildBill?
He's been silent for so long and wasn't very well the last time I heard about him... hope he too got better. :yes:

20 hours ago, submix8c said:

+1. And also curious as dencorso.

9 hours ago, Dibya said:

Wesite is working  great and also too cool

Please Take care of your health

Thank you for all the kind words! My health is kind of so-so as I have been experiencing some bronchial asthmatic problems :( but it should get better soon.

Unfortunately I do not know anything more about WildBill than you do :( but let us hope he is doing fine!