Unofficial SP 5.2 for Microsoft Windows 2000 (WIP)

tomasz86

I think when wtsapi32.dll has WTSRegisterSessionNotification, it use it.

And when not has it , it runs while booting.

So, it corrects and no error message and not broken.

And you can run it from short cut.

Are you sure? I think that it's a little bit more complicated :wacko:

1. Kernel 2.3 + wtsapi.dll 5.1.2600.5512 (XP SP3)
    TeamViewer_works_XPSP3wtsapi32.dll.png
  2. Kernel 2.3 + wtsapi 5.2.3790.3959 (2003 SP2)
    TeamViewer_doesnt_work_2003SP2wtsapi32.dll.png

WTSRegisterSessionNotification is present in both of them. Is there any reason not to use XP SP3's wtsapi32.dll?

Edited by tomasz86

I have uploaded two new daily releases of UURollup:

1. The first one is a new release of UURollup-v11 which contains all of the new changes introduced by blackwingcat in his latest kernel v2.3a together with wtsapi32.dll / winsta.dll from XP SP3.
  2. The second one is a new release of UURollup-v10 which is called UURollup-v10e. As it's still unknown whether and when UURollup-v11 will become stable enough to be "officially" released, I'm going to keep supporting the v10 line. By supporting I just mean fixing bugs. Sice UURollup-v10d also used wtsapi32.dll 5.0.2134.4 which prevents TeamViewer from loading on startup I've added wtsapi32.dll / winsta.dll from XP SP3 to it too.

I've also uploaded a new HFSLIP_ia.7z package featuring the latest daily of UURollup-v11.

Has anyone tested the last daily of UURollup-v10e? If there are no problems with the new wtsapi32.dll & winsta.dll I'm going to release this version at the end of March.

A new daily of UURollup-v11 is ready. I found out that there's a problem with XP's cmd.exe. While it does work, it also consumes extreme amounts of RAM compared to the original one (around 1000% more to be exact). Therefore I've decided to remove it from UURollup.

UURollup-v10 is unaffected since there's no cmd.exe included in it.

Edited by tomasz86

Hey bud, I'm having a few issues actually. I haven't upgraded to the new daily version yet so this is the last daily 11 UURollup, which I doubt makes a difference. Anyway, when I go to launch Need For Speed High Stakes, Windows gets extremely buggy. Explorer.exe crashes constantly. It gets very very annoying. It never used to do this on a clean MS update only system. Any ideas what might be causing this? I'll test out your packs when I get the chance, I've just been very overloaded this week with other things. :(

Edited by Tommy

No problem :)

I'll try to check the issue but I'd also recommend installing the newest daily if you're using any older release than the one from 20130226 because that one was a major update, and the buggy user32.dll was fixed there too.

At the moment I'm testing new nVIDIA drivers because they now seem to load properly with new versions of BWC kernel (they didn't before). The problem is that the nVIDIA Control Panel applet doesn't start and I'm going to investigate why.

Edited by tomasz86

Your new version of the daily UURollup works great, no problems so far.

Testing NFS High stakes, I get a stupid error when explorer.exe crashes, this particular one says unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x77f45a9a.

Testing NFS High stakes, I get a stupid error when explorer.exe crashes, this particular one says unknown software exception (0xc00000fd) occurred in the application at location 0x77f45a9a.

I'll test it in the next few days. I promise :)

On another note, I just installed the newest daily 10e UURollup. What in particular do you want me to test out?

I guess that you installed it in your VM, right? Could you try to run TeamViewer and try to connect to it from your desktop and see if there are any problems?

Thanks, not a problem! Just thought I'd give you someplace to start looking. :)

I tried TeamViewer on both regular machine and virtual machine. I could connect to my main machine via virtual but it didn't work quite right, I didn't have a mouse pointer and I couldn't capture the window right unless I disconnected. My main machine would not connect to the virtual machine at all, saying the authentication was rejected.

It's the same bug related to user32.dll which was present in previous dailies of UURollup-v11. I've just uploaded a new daily of UURollup-v10e with the newest user32.dll included. TeamViewer should work properly now :)

Okay I ordered a tower and hard drive yesterday to complete my computer project which I hope to have built and running in a couple of weeks. I assume from the way things are currently developing that UURollup-v10e is the most stable of the daily updates I assume? If I use that how do I apply it since it isn't an .exe file like the stable release?

What you do is unzip the archive using WinRAR, go into where you unzipped the archive and go into the update directory, then launch update.exe. Then just follow the update wizard. :)