Unofficial SP 5.2 for Microsoft Windows 2000 (WIP)

tomasz86

I've been trying out the 2-24-2013 UURollup v11 daily update and I haven't found any problems. If I may ask, what benefits will I see with the new XP SP3 files you added over the past ones, specifically winsta.dll?

what benefits will I see with the new XP SP3 files you added over the past ones, specifically winsta.dll?

TeamViewer works :) Winsta.dll is required for XP's wtsapi.dll to work.

I'm now going to figure out exactly which version of blackwingcat's user32.dll causes the second problem with TeamViewer because I'm examining it right now and it seems that the issue is non-existent with the older ones.

By the way, there are bugs when WildBill's user32.dll is used instead of it. Broken icons aren't a major problem but there are also much more serious ones, ex. the newest Opera doesn't start at all.

Edited by tomasz86

I've found out that TeamViewer works with blackwingcat's user32.dll 5.0.2195.7140 while it doesn't with the newest one which is user32.dll 5.0.2195.7156.

The following APIs have been added since 5.0.2195.7140:

ChangeWindowMessageFilter
DisableProcessWindowsGhosting
DwmHintDxUpdate
GetLayeredWindowAttributes
IsProcessDPIAware
IsThreadDesktopComposited
IsWinEventHookInstalled
PrintWindow
SetProcessDPIAware

I believe that one of them must be breaking TeamViewer.

Is there anything you want me to look into for you at this time, bud? I have a virtual machine I'm just waiting to break. :)

I've just uploaded a new daily with user32.dll 5.0.2195.7140 so you can test this one :)

Are you sure ?

I can't find problem.

I released extended kernel v2.3.

Plz try it ( not change wtsapi)

I'll try it right now. I can also send you the VM files so you can check the problem yourself.

Edited by tomasz86

Just a quick update.

I've checked the new blackwingcat's kernel v2.3 and wtsapi32.dll is still broken... but the good news is that his new user32.dll 5.0.2195.7157 seems to work fine! TeamViewer accepts incoming connections properly.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to upload a new daily as I want to test everything more thoroughly.

I've just uploaded a new daily with user32.dll 5.0.2195.7140 so you can test this one :)

Not running into any issues here so far, if there's any specifics you want me to look into, let me know!

Just a quick update.

I've checked the new blackwingcat's kernel v2.3 and wtsapi32.dll is still broken... but the good news is that his new user32.dll 5.0.2195.7157 seems to work fine! TeamViewer accepts incoming connections properly.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow to upload a new daily as I want to test everything more thoroughly.

Hi tomasz86.

How can I check, wtsapi32.dll broken ?

Hi tomasz86.

I've uploaded the VMs. Please check your Twitter PM :)

The XP SP3 wtsapi.dll seems to work fine, at least in my system. TeamViewer also works 100% properly - starts on boot and accepts incoming connections. I've tested both connecting from another Windows 2000 system and also from my phone and no problems occurred.

I downloaded Termviewdoesntboot vm image.

But I can't find WTSAPI32.dll broken message.

the WTSAPI32's User session Functions are only dummy stub, so they don't work with your login.

It seems correct, does not it ?

Hi tomasz86.

I've uploaded the VMs. Please check your Twitter PM :)

The XP SP3 wtsapi.dll seems to work fine, at least in my system. TeamViewer also works 100% properly - starts on boot and accepts incoming connections. I've tested both connecting from another Windows 2000 system and also from my phone and no problems occurred.

Not running into any issues here so far, if there's any specifics you want me to look into, let me know!

Nothing really specific at the moment ;) Maybe you could check whether Skype 5.9 works?

I can definitely vouch Skype 5.9 works since I use it to communicate with my girlfriend all the time, messages, voice, and video all work! :D

I downloaded Termviewdoesntboot vm image.

But I can't find WTSAPI32.dll broken message.

the WTSAPI32's User session Functions are only dummy stub, so they don't work with your login.

It seems correct, does not it ?

There's no error message. It's just that the TeamViewer's two other processes (TeamViewer.exe and tv_w32.exe) don't start on boot. They will start if you uninstall the kernel or just replace wtsapi32.dll with its original 2K version or use the one from XP SP3. You can clearly notice it as normally there should be a TeamViewer icon in the system tray but there's none when your wtsapi32.dll is used :(

1. Kernel 2.3 + wtsapi32.dll 5.0.2134.1
    fzMEA1B.png
    Started processes:
    TeamViewer_Serv
    TeamViewer.exe
    tv_w32.exe

iD1xMhz.png

2. Kernel 2.3 + wtsapi32.dll 5.0.2134.4
    3OUpF37.png
    Started processes:
    TeamViewer_Serv

The two others are missing.

What's interesting is that TeamViewer works with XP SP3's wtsapi32.dll but doesn't with 2003 SP2 wtsapi32.dll. The processes also don't start on boot when 2003 SP2's wtsapi32.dll & winsta.dll are used.

@Tommy Thanks a lot for testing :)

Edited by tomasz86

I think when wtsapi32.dll has WTSRegisterSessionNotification, it use it.

And when not has it , it runs while booting.

So, it corrects and no error message and not broken.

And you can run it from short cut.

There's no error message. It's just that the TeamViewer's two other processes (TeamViewer.exe and tv_w32.exe) don't start on boot. They will start if you uninstall the kernel or just replace wtsapi32.dll with its original 2K version or use the one from XP SP3. You can clearly notice it as normally there should be a TeamViewer icon in the system tray but there's none when your wtsapi32.dll is used :(

1. Kernel 2.3 + wtsapi32.dll 5.0.2134.1
    fzMEA1B.png
    Started processes:
    TeamViewer_Serv
    TeamViewer.exe
    tv_w32.exe

iD1xMhz.png

2. Kernel 2.3 + wtsapi32.dll 5.0.2134.4
    3OUpF37.png
    Started processes:
    TeamViewer_Serv

The two others are missing.

What's interesting is that TeamViewer works with XP SP3's wtsapi32.dll but doesn't with 2003 SP2 wtsapi32.dll. The processes also don't start on boot when 2003 SP2's wtsapi32.dll & winsta.dll are used.

@Tommy Thanks a lot for testing :)