Unofficial SP 5.2 for Microsoft Windows 2000 (WIP)

tomasz86

Thanks for testing :) If it's not a problem I'd also like to have a look at the "NETFX101120303540.log" file from your %windir% folder.

blackwingcat still hasn't added an English version of urlmon.dll to his ENU kernel. I'll revert to the previous version of the file in the next UURollup-v11 daily release.

Crud, my cleanup program deleted it again. I keep forgetting when I install Windows and that program again to make sure it doesn't delete windows log files. But I have another computer that can use the update so I'll go ahead and update it and then get the log file from that one!

I've just uploaded a new .NET Framework package and also a new daily release of UURollup-v11. The latter is a major update because I've added MS VC++ 2012 libraries. I've also removed several IE6 SP3 files which I added some time ago as M$ keeps releasing official updates for Windows 2000 including IE6 Cumulative ones so there's no need to use XP files in this case.

Hi Gurus, I should thank you because, using your updates, we have our first Citrix Presentation Server in windows 2000 with framework 4.0 installed and working!!

Thanks again!

Glad to hear you have Framework 4.0 working! I've had it working for a little while now and I'm extremely grateful to tomasz86 for that. I had a few programs that required 4.0 and I couldn't run them at all until he managed to get framework ported over. I have to say, I absolutely love how he managed to have every single package rolled into one install, it sure saves a ton of time.

Thanks for testing :) If it's not a problem I'd also like to have a look at the "NETFX101120303540.log" file from your %windir% folder.

If you still need to see log file for .net I have one I can send you.

I've just uploaded a new .NET Framework package and also a new daily release of UURollup-v11. The latter is a major update because I've added MS VC++ 2012 libraries. I've also removed several IE6 SP3 files which I added some time ago as M$ keeps releasing official updates for Windows 2000 including IE6 Cumulative ones so there's no need to use XP files in this case.

A new daily release of UURollup-v11 is ready. I've replaced the Japanese file (urlmon.dll) with the previous version which is in English.

I just tested your newest versions of .net framework and UURollup-v11 with no issues and everything is in English. Thank you.

A final question. What is the difference between your hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v10_modified_by_tomasz86 and Mimo's hfslip-1.7.10_beta_J_v11?

Which one is the correct one to use?

As always I appreciate all the help you give me.

M2GD

@My2GirlsDad Log files are always welcomed :) We can now use this Google Drive folder to share files (having a Google Account is required though). Please just add your nickname in front of the filename so I'll now whose file it is.

There's only one difference between the two HFSLIP versions:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/158603-strange-bug-in-hfslip-related-to-short-83-names/

I'd recommend using my modified version (at least for Windows 2000).

Edited by tomasz86

There's only one difference between the two HFSLIP versions:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/158603-strange-bug-in-hfslip-related-to-short-83-names/

I'd recommend using my modified version (at least for Windows 2000).

Has Mimo been specifically apprised oaf this issue? I would think, even if it is not needed for XP, as long as it doesn't detrimentally affect XP that your change should be incorporated. It doesn't make sense to have to maintain two branches of HFSLIP.

Cheers and Regards

A new daily release of UURollup-v11 is ready. Some small fixes and two new files from Windows 2003 Server added - timeout.exe and regedit.exe. Using the latter it's now possible to change registry permissions without using regedt32.exe:

Ux9v07n.png

@bphlpt No but I'm pretty sure that Mim0 reads all threads from the HFSLIP forum. He's just implementing changes very slowly (not saying that it's necessary a bad thing) and I needed this one immediately since the script wasn't working for me. The modified script is available only in the HFSLIP_ia.7z package and you don't need it unless you experience the bug mentioned earlier.

By the way, thanks to all of you who've uploaded the log files :) There are still some minor issues in the .NET Framework installer and I'm going to have a look at them before the next release.

Edited by tomasz86

I've just uploaded a new daily release of UURollup-v11 :) This one is a very important update because it seems that blackwingcat has fixed problems related to kernel32.dll and now it's possible to slipstream the file directly without using any dirty tricks. It means that the newest version of kernel32.dll is slipstreamed and not installed later after the system has been installed was done for a while. All the other files which depend on the new kernel32.dll also can be slipstreamed, thus it was possible to remove the older versions of them. You can see this clearly if you compare file size of this daily release with the previous ones. It's a few MBs smaller.

You can also expect a new weekly release tomorrow.

Edited by tomasz86

Okay, there's a slight problem. In FireFox, when I visit my local news station website and view the weather page, I get a Driver IRQL not less or equal bluescreen and it lists the file tcpip.sys on the page as being the problem. Any ideas? It doesn't seem to happen with IE.