security update for DirectX 9c

aurgathor

Have you tried looking here which has a link to here which has a link to

Unofficial DX 9.0c August 2007 Redist Full + MDX
which is newer than the one you're looking for. Might I suggest you browse the Topics and patch it up. Everything is there!

FWIW, here is a portion of the INF -

[AddReg.SetupKey]

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\DirectX\kb904706", "Description",, "Windows Update 904706"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\DirectX\kb904706", "Locale",, "%LANGUAGE%"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\DirectX\kb904706", "IsInstalled",0x00010001, 01

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\DirectX\kb904706", "BuildDate",, "08/30/05"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\DirectX\kb904706\FileList\File1", "FileName",, "quartz.dll"

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\DirectX\kb904706\FileList\File1", "Version",, "6.5.1.907"

I have no clue where to get the Installation File and can't reveal it anyway. You'll just have to search for it.

edit - Find it here

OLD DirectShow DirectX 9.0/9.0a/9.0b/9.0c Fix for Windows 98/98 SP1/98 SE/ME [567 KB]
Edited by submix8c

Have you tried looking here which has a link to here which has a link to

Unofficial DX 9.0c August 2007 Redist Full + MDX
which is newer than the one you're looking for. Might I suggest you browse the Topics and patch it up. Everything is there!

I actually did look at the first link, but must've missed the link to the 2nd one [soporific's post)] which did have a direct link to some old windowsupdate directory.

So even though MS disabled windowsupdate, the files are still there, as long as someone knows the exact path.

Thanks for the help.

It's been a while since I messed with DX9 on Windows ME so I'm not sure I remember. But can't you do the regular DirectX 9.0 install onto 98/ME and then apply the latest refresh to get it up to date, including this fix?

Edited by Glenn9999