Burning CD/DVD's in Windows 98

I have this strange thing happening at my P4 with Windows 98 SE and SP3 BETA 4. I have installed several cd burning programs but none of them recognize the drive to be capable of burning cds. When I use Windows XP i can easily burn, but in 98 no! It's a Pioneer Drive and still works.

Help me plz!

Which softwares have you used? You never said the Vendors/Versions, so hard to tell...

Have you tried this? Two step process - Read Disk to Image OR Create image, THEN Write Disk.

Yup! I have used ImgBurn and it doesn't recognize the drive as being able to burn. At the Device Manager it shows: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109

Hmmm... Did you "swap" another out and replace it with this one?

Try this -

Boot to 98SE Safe Mode and in Device Manager - REMOVE any/all CD/DVD Devices and reboot. It SHOULD "find" it again. If not, do an "Add New Hardware". Also, if you have ANY references to a CD Device (eg MSCDEX) in AUTOEXEC.BAT/CONFIG.SYS edit them by putting REM+SPACE in front and save them.

Addendum - was this a CLEAN install of 98SE+SP3? There IS a requirement to install CLEAN and install OTHER packages before/after SP3 (the order of install is important).